Remote Scheduling - Change email address - how?

It can be changed via the webif settings page under "Settings for rs package" enter your new email address, then click "Update email address".

"Your device has not yet uploaded initial data."

Any idea how long it takes for the Humax to upload the data after an email change?

You can force your Humax to send data to the RS Schedule Server in the Web-If with >> Diagnostics >> diskpush >> Run Diagnostic

>>> Beginning diagnostic diskpush
Running: diskpush

>>> Ending diagnostic diskpush

How long after diskpush?

I am still getting the error saying that my box has not uploaded the data. However I have:

Diagnostics >> diskpush >> Run Diagnostic

and

rs/push, and rs/chanpush

Result shows that all data is up to date. Maybe another problem somewhere?
>>> Beginning diagnostic rs/push
Running: rs/push
Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.

>>> Ending diagnostic rs/push

>>> Beginning diagnostic rs/chanpush
Running: rs/chanpush
SQLite3: 3.7.5
Curl version: libcurl/7.19.6 OpenSSL/1.0.0a zlib/1.2.3
Sending channel information to remote server.
Expand strbuf: 2058
Expand strbuf: 3093
Expand strbuf: 4130
Expand strbuf: 5172
Expand strbuf: 6198
Expand strbuf: 7235
Expand strbuf: 8276
Expand strbuf: 9301
Expand strbuf: 10331
Expand strbuf: 11364
Expand strbuf: 12398
Expand strbuf: 13430
Expand strbuf: 14460
Expand strbuf: 15497
Expand strbuf: 16523
Expand strbuf: 17548
Expand strbuf: 18578
Expand strbuf: 19603
Expand strbuf: 20639
Expand strbuf: 21669
Expand strbuf: 22694
Expand strbuf: 23733
Fetch checksum: bare&mac=dc:d3:21:56:ad:07&id=ec56cfb14bd61ebe067234c2bad97221&tbl=channel
Checksum: [cd257eb25b9c7fceec9912327ed098c7]
Already up-to-date.

>>> Ending diagnostic rs/chanpush

I am able to log in using IE but not with Firefox even though I have cleared history. Must I also clear cookies?

I have just installed rs and I have the same problem as makem in that my 'device has not uploaded initial data'

This is the first time I have tried to use the rs portal. I have rebooted the box a couple of times but still nothing. I have tried the above Diagnostics >> diskpush >> Run Diagnostic, but I don't have the disk push option?

I am connected via wireless and have wireless helper installed.

Thanks.

Thanks, I tried that and it said:
The custom firmware and rs is all new to me, maybe i'm missing something obvious?

>>> Beginning diagnostic rs/diskpush

Running: rs/diskpush
SQLite3: 3.7.5
Curl version: libcurl/7.19.6 OpenSSL/1.0.0a zlib/1.2.3
Sending disk information to remote server.
Retrieved checksum from database, e4161f7a0d724a41fc6ab4fc53406984
Already up-to-date.

>>> Ending diagnostic rs/diskpush

Thread resurrection time...

EE (ex Orange, ex Freeserve) are killing off their email service so I need to change the email address my humax uses with the rs portal, but I'm worried that all the auto searches etc performed by the rs portal will remain attached to my old email address. Can anyone reassure me that when I change the email address rs connects to all will be well?

Thanks

Charlie

Changing email address won't break contact with the HDR-FOX - that is established by the "Unique Identifier", and I have three units registered to one RS account.

Surely the answer is to start using a new address before your old one stops working - then you will know whether errant emails are still arriving at the old address and need dealing with. The same applies for every other email migration you may need (including your address book). If possible, put your new address in the "Reply To" field of any emails you send from the old address, send from the new address whenever possible, and have as long a period of overlap as possible.

af123: wouldn't it be more logical/intuitive to have the email address as an RS setting rather than a WebIF setting?

I can see that it is higher security to set it from WebIF settings, so maybe a note by the displayed email address in the RS settings page "to change your registered email address use WebIF settings".

af123: wouldn't it be more logical/intuitive to have the email address as an RS setting rather than a WebIF setting?
There are two different cases here. Changing the email address from the webif settings actually creates a new user account and moves the existing device over (so to expand on what BH has said above, the device settings, including auto rules, will be untouched but the old account settings will be lost). I should allow changing the email address within RS settings though- it's now on my job list!

Back