Remote Scheduling Conflict

Cindoboy

I am getting a conflict E Mail regarding two programmes over Xmas. The E mail shows two programmes recording at the same time, there is no third one. Well I can record two at once as the box should let me. The box itself seems happy about it, so I am sure this is incorrect. I understand remote Scheduling used to be a little keen but has this not been resolved now?

What are the programmes? there has been an issue with programmes on +1 channels causing clashes, due to broadcaster error.

Mrs Browns boys BBC ONE HD and Ronnie Barker BBC TWO. 24/12/12 at 22:15 and 21:40. The other thing was 8 out of 10 cats but that finishes at 22:00. None of these have a +1 and as I say the actual box is not objecting at all.

It looks like the RS site algorithm is being a bit keen there.
Possibly it is because at 22:40 you could potentially have three things trying to record (depending on exactly when they start and finish)

Ronnie Barker 21:40 - 22:40
Mrs Brown's Boys 22:15 - 22:45
Two Ronnies 22:40 - 23:10

I suspect it's this potential one minute overlap that's causing you to get the emails.

It looks like the RS site algorithm is being a bit keen there.
Possibly it is because at 22:40 you could potentially have three things trying to record (depending on exactly when they start and finish)

Ronnie Barker 21:40 - 22:40
Mrs Brown's Boys 22:15 - 22:45
Two Ronnies 22:40 - 23:10

I suspect it's this potential one minute overlap that's causing you to get the emails.
There was No mention of Two Ronnies 22:40 - 23:10, unless it was linked by series, or was perhaps a Recommendation.

There was No mention of Two Ronnies 22:40 - 23:10, unless it was linked by series, or was perhaps a Recommendation.
Yes I had set that as well and as it was BBC 2 maybe it was the recording channel change that threw it. Only the two top recordings are showing pink. Must be just ta keen algorithm or something, still 100% better box than my TVonics.

Do you have any padding set? as this might give you a scheduling conflict.

Must be just ta keen algorithm or something.
Yes, it's keen but I think there's an even chance that if you were sitting watching your box at 22:40 it would pop up a conflict warning on screen. If you aren't there to choose, you'll only lose the last minute of one or first minute of another until the tuner is clear. Of course, if everything runs to time it will be fine :rolleyes:

Back