Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR Now Available

~ $ sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select szsvcname from tbl_svc_default where uslcn = 101;"
BBC One Yk&Li
Thanks, that's a region I hadn't tested with I'm afraid, what would you call that? Currently, we have the following mappings:
Code:
         when 'BBC One CI'     then 'Channel Islands/501'
         when 'BBC One East E' then 'East (East)/502'
         when 'BBC One East W' then 'East (West)/503'
         when 'BBC One E Mid'  then 'East Midlands/504'
         when 'BBC One Lon'    then 'London/505'
         when 'BBC One NE&C'   then 'North East & Cumbria/506'
         when 'BBC One N West' then 'North West/507'
         when 'BBC One NI HD'  then 'Northern Ireland/508'
         when 'BBC One ScotHD' then 'Scotland/509'
         when 'BBC One South'  then 'South/510'
         when 'BBC One S East' then 'South (East)/511'
         when 'BBC One Oxford' then 'South (Oxford)/512'
         when 'BBC One S West' then 'South West/513'
         when 'BBC One Wal HD' then 'Wales/514'
         when 'BBC One West'   then 'West/515'
         when 'BBC One W Mid'  then 'West Midlands/516'
         when 'BBC One Yorks'  then 'Yorkshire/517'
         else                       'Unknown/518'

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire

Hull is this years City of Culture! Don't tell you've not booked in for a weeks visit.

Given the HDR's continued support, I have made a donation from the rs.hpkg.tv paypal link. Spend it wisely, booze and girls, the rest you can waste.

Given the HDR's continued support, I have made a donation from the rs.hpkg.tv paypal link. Spend it wisely, booze and girls, the rest you can waste.
Thanks so much!

I'll release an updated version of the package (with the same version number) when I get confirmation from af123 on the max. length for region name on the RS server.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, very helpful, sorry for late reply, for some reason I didn't get a notification.

There is definitely something wrong with the installation because the second number is 0 (it should be close to 200) and it hasn't detected your BBC region.

Could I ask you to run the following command, please, and upload /opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt:

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db .schema > /opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt

I've also released a new version 1.4.5-10, please upgrade after you've done the above, this new version makes it easier to investigate installation issues in relation to channels in RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings and now it's also possible to push channels from there.

You'll need to click [Update package list from Internet] in WebIf Package Management and then you'll find the new version on the Upgrades tab. Any warnings about /opt/tmp/views.sql during the upgrade can be ignored.

Attached is the file. I upgraded to 1.4.5-10 and waited 30 mins, but unlike Peso it didn't resolve the problem. I also tried pushing the channels. Would it be worth trying re-tuning with a postcode for a region we know works?

Attachments

• channels_schema.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi Jimbo,
To be sure you did exactly what I did....
I uninstalled the rs package from HDR, rebooted and left it 30mins
In that 30 mins I removed the HDR from the webpage by deleting its entry found under the settings button. (As I was logged into the one I deleted all buttons became grayed out and wouldn't repsond. Restarted my browser and logged in again and confirmed yes that HDR was gone).
I then reinstalled the package at 30min mark and went through the process of activating with my email address.

Attached is the file. I upgraded to 1.4.5-10 and waited 30 mins, but unlike Peso it didn't resolve the problem. I also tried pushing the channels. Would it be worth trying re-tuning with a postcode for a region we know works?
Sorry if I wasn't clear, you need to wait 30 min after a restart before upgrading :). But anyway, I don't think that's the issue as the database objects look fine.

Could you please run the following and reply with the result?

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc where hidden = 0 and freesat = 1 and type != 'Data';"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select hidden, freesat, type, count(*) from tbl_svc group by hidden, freesat, type order by hidden, freesat, type;"

Peso, the new version (with the same version number) is ready from the repository, could you please uninstall from your box with the region issue, re-install and push channels through the [Push Channels] button on the RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings?

Success BBC Region East Yorkshire & Lincolnshire/518

Many many thanks.
I'm off to Perth Australia now just to program This Morning to record!

Last edited:
Hi Jimbo,
To be sure you did exactly what I did....
I uninstalled the rs package from HDR, rebooted and left it 30mins
In that 30 mins I removed the HDR from the webpage by deleting its entry found under the settings button. (As I was logged into the one I deleted all buttons became grayed out and wouldn't repsond. Restarted my browser and logged in again and confirmed yes that HDR was gone).
I then reinstalled the package at 30min mark and went through the process of activating with my email address.
Thanks, that's what I did.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, you need to wait 30 min after a restart before upgrading :). But anyway, I don't think that's the issue as the database objects look fine.

Could you please run the following and reply with the result?

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc where hidden = 0 and freesat = 1 and type != 'Data';"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select hidden, freesat, type, count(*) from tbl_svc group by hidden, freesat, type order by hidden, freesat, type;"
The results are:
Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc where hidden = 0 and freesat = 1 and type != 'Data';"
Foxsat-HDR~#
Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select hidden, freesat, type, count(*) from tbl_svc group by hidden, freesat, type order by
hidden, freesat, type;"
0|0|Data|16
0|0|Radio|124
0|0|TV-HD|24
0|0|TV-SD|472
0|1|Data|3
0|1|Radio|36
0|1|TV-HD|18
0|1|TV-SD|149
1|1|Data|4

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I can see that you have 16+124+24+472 = 636 non-Freesat channels, are you actually using those on the box? They won't be exposed through RS as the box doesn't have any EPG for them.

However, RS should still work on a box with non-Freesat channels so I'll look into taking this into account tomorrow, thought I had already, must have missed something.

For now, could you please confirm the output from running the following on the box:

Code:
rs_inst_status.sh

Thanks, I can see that you have 16+124+24+472 = 636 non-Freesat channels, are you actually using those on the box? They won't be exposed through RS as the box doesn't have any EPG for them.

However, RS should still work on a box with non-Freesat channels so I'll look into taking this into account tomorrow, thought I had already, must have missed something.

For now, could you please confirm the output from running the following on the box:

Code:
rs_inst_status.sh
The result is:
Foxsat-HDR~# rs_inst_status.sh
Visible Custom Channel Count: 200
Default Channel Count: 0
BBC Region:
Foxsat-HDR~#

I don't view non-freesat channels. Should I, can I delete them?

I don't view non-freesat channels. Should I, can I delete them?
Thank you. At some point, the box appears to have been tuned to non-Freesat channels. If you don't use them, you can remove them by running the following:
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "delete from tbl_svc_default where freesat = 0;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "delete from tbl_svc where freesat = 0;"
Then run the following again to see if that has changed:
Code:
rs_inst_status.sh

Thank you. At some point, the box appears to have been tuned to non-Freesat channels. If you don't use them, you can remove them by running the following:
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "delete from tbl_svc_default where freesat = 0;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "delete from tbl_svc where freesat = 0;"
Then run the following again to see if that has changed:
Code:
rs_inst_status.sh
Did that and got the same result.

OK, let's stop for today, last question, could you please run the following and reply with the result:

Code:
sqlite3 --version

Perhaps it's easier if you upload your /opt/epg/channels.db file here and I can investigate without hassling you.

Back