Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR Now Available

Many thanks. I did as detailed, made extra channel changes to the main EPG favourite , included a manual push however none of the changes I made to the main EPG show on the remote scheduling EPG. Main is chosen in settings. Both the pushes including the manual push show as executed but this does not result in any change to my remote EPG.

Last edited:
Many thanks. I did as detailed, made extra channel changes to the main EPG favourite , included a manual push however none of the changes I made to the main EPG show on the remote scheduling EPG. Main is chosen in settings. Both the pushes including the manual push show as executed but this does not result in any change to my remote EPG.
Would you be able to run the following command on the box and reply with the resulting file /opt/tmp/rspnpe.txt, please?
Code:
rs_process now -pe > /opt/tmp/rspnpe.txt

Would you be able to run the following command on the box and reply with the resulting file /opt/tmp/rspnpe.txt, please?
Code:
rs_process now -pe > /opt/tmp/rspnpe.txt

Thankyou. Please see attached

Attachments

• rspnpe.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 5
Hmm, it shows that it uploads 213 EPG events for LCN 147 Sky Arts (service ID 5752) so it should show EPG for this channel on RS Portal.

Would you be able to run these 4 commands and reply with the result (copy+paste):

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db
ls -al /opt/epg/epg*.db

Hmm, it shows that it uploads 213 EPG events for LCN 147 Sky Arts (service ID 5752) so it should show EPG for this channel on RS Portal.

Would you be able to run these 4 commands and reply with the result (copy+paste):

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db
ls -al /opt/epg/epg*.db

Thanks again. Please see below:

Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
147|Sky Arts|5752|0|arts.sky.com|0|1|20026|1439|371508|TV-SD
Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
Foxsat-HDR~# ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 279552 Sep 24 14:31 /opt/epg/channels.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 279552 Sep 24 14:31 /opt/epg/channels2.db
Foxsat-HDR~# ls -al /opt/epg/epg*.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14418944 Sep 24 13:54 /opt/epg/epg.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4983808 Sep 24 14:33 /opt/epg/epgnew.db

Thanks again. Please see below:

Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
Foxsat-HDR~# sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels2.db "select * from tbl_svc_x where uslcn = 147;"
Foxsat-HDR~# ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 279552 Sep 24 14:31 /opt/epg/channels.db
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 279552 Sep 24 14:31 /opt/epg/channels2.db
Foxsat-HDR~# ls -al /opt/epg/epg*.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14418944 Sep 24 13:54 /opt/epg/epg.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4983808 Sep 24 14:33 /opt/epg/epgnew.db
Thank you. That all looks fine, EPG database is rebuilding.

Perhaps worth trying to switch Freesat region just to see whether that triggers anything.

You can switch to BBC South by running the following on the box:

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "update tbl_svc_default set szsvcname = 'BBC ONE South' where uslcn = 101;"
rs push channels
rs_process now -pe

Then check whether you can see LCN 147 on RS EPG. You switch back to BBC East W by running the following on the box:

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "update tbl_svc_default set szsvcname = 'BBC ONE East W' where uslcn = 101;"
rs push channels
rs_process now -pe

For how many days have you had LCN 147 on the box and has it had a Housekeeper boot since (the one at 03:00, which can't be performed if a recording is running at that time)? I'm just wondering whether a Housekeeper boot is needed to tidy up some recent channel changes.

Is this meant to take a long time as I'm at 2 hours and still at rs push channels?
Last housekeeping is logged as this morning in the early hours?

Is this meant to take a long time as I'm at 2 hours and still at rs push channels?
Last housekeeping is logged as this morning in the early hours?
It should take max. 2 min. At this point I suggest you put the box in standby.

I'm busy the rest of today, will come back to you tomorrow.

Sadly no joy with this. The odd thing is I can use RS to set up recordings, they get communicated to the Humax, the list of recorded items gets updated to RS but the RS EPG view is stuck, probably with the view that was setup when I registered RS initially . No updates to Webif channel lists or groups get realised in either RS settings or its EPG view. I presume removing the device (Humax) and re-adding it wouldn't change anything?
Also the command you gave to change the region doesn't stick (presumably because the rs push & process commands no longer succeed?) so other than the nuclear option of resetting the entire box i'm a bit lost. Quite understand if it takes a while to get a reply. I'm sure people have bigger worries than this trivial thing at the mo. Thanks for the help given to date.

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday as promised - I was hit by unexpected work.
Sadly no joy with this. The odd thing is I can use RS to set up recordings, they get communicated to the Humax, the list of recorded items gets updated to RS but the RS EPG view is stuck, probably with the view that was setup when I registered RS initially.
My understanding was that your RS Portal EPG was OK, apart from missing LCN 147? What do you mean by RS Portal EPG being stuck - that any change to your channel list on the box isn't reflected on the RS Portal EPG after having pushed channels?
Also the command you gave to change the region doesn't stick (presumably because the rs push & process commands no longer succeed?)
That change would be overwritten by the first Housekeeper boot, I should have mentioned that. It was only to see whether a "fake" BBC region change would trigger anything.

At this point I suggest the following:
  1. Please reply with your channel database attached (/opt/epg/channels.db) - you might need to change the file name extension in order to be allowed to attach. Then I'll try to reproduce your issues on one of my boxes with that channel database.
  2. Please change Description for your device in RS Portal Settings (https://rs.hpkg.tv/acct/) to your forum username - that makes it easier for me to see the RS Portal EPG for this device.

My understanding was that your RS Portal EPG was OK, apart from missing LCN 147? What do you mean by RS Portal EPG being stuck - that any change to your channel list on the box isn't reflected on the RS Portal EPG after having pushed channels?

That change would be overwritten by the first Housekeeper boot, I should have mentioned that. It was only to see whether a "fake" BBC region change would trigger anything.

At this point I suggest the following:
  1. Please reply with your channel database attached (/opt/epg/channels.db) - you might need to change the file name extension in order to be allowed to attach. Then I'll try to reproduce your issues on one of my boxes with that channel database.
  2. Please change Description for your device in RS Portal Settings to your forum username - that makes it easier for me to see the RS Portal EPG for this device.

Hi
No worries. Yes I thought I just had channel 147 missing but I realise now that I can't add or delete any channels from the RS EPG. I added a new Webif favourites group but that never becomes available to change to in RS settings so yes , as you surmise my RS portal EPG seems stuck despite other functions of the remote scheduling working fine.

1. channels.db enclosed albeit renamed with a .txt extension (there is a channels2.db in the same folder. Is that normal?)
2) My description of my device is exactly the same as my forum username.

Many thanks. Absolutely no hurry.

Attachments

• channels.txt
    273 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi
No worries. Yes I thought I just had channel 147 missing but I realise now that I can't add or delete any channels from the RS EPG. I added a new Webif favourites group but that never becomes available to change to in RS settings so yes , as you surmise my RS portal EPG seems stuck despite other functions of the remote scheduling working fine.

1. channels.db enclosed albeit renamed with a .txt extension (there is a channels2.db in the same folder. Is that normal?)
2) My description of my device is exactly the same as my forum username.

Many thanks. Absolutely no hurry.
Thanks, I'll need a few days to investigate.

For now, I suggest you set RS Portal Settings | EPG Favourites Group to None, such that you see as many channels as possible on your RS Portal EPG (excluding the ones that haven't had EPG pushed from the box).

OK thanks. I have tried doing that and the sadly RS EPG never changes no matter which favourite group I choose including none and however long I wait for an update to push the change. I shall do it again as nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks again.

Last edited:
OK thanks. I have tried doing that and the sadly RS EPG never changes no matter which favourite group I choose including none and however long I wait for an update to push the change. I shall do it again as nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks again.
OK. In the meantime, could you run the following on the box, please, and provide the resulting /opt/tmp/rspc.txt either after it has finished or after 30 min.:
Code:
rs -d 2 push channels > /opt/tmp/rspc.txt

Thankyou. After 30 mins. I have tried to attach the file however it informs me the file is empty.
I'm leaning towards something being wrong with the installation/executable. Please try to run the following to see whether any of the simplest use cases work on the box:
Code:
rs -h
rs push disk
rs push
rs epg offer
The first one should return immediately, the second one will take some seconds, the last two will take longer (the last one can take minutes).

If any of these fail to return I think it's worth trying to reinstall on the box:
Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall rs

Well all of those returned OK with the epg offer taking a good 4-5 mins. Do you suggest the above reinstall still?

Well all of those returned OK with the epg offer taking a good 4-5 mins. Do you suggest the above reinstall still?
Thank you for quick reply. In that case, the installation should be OK and it's down to the channel database. I'll spend some time in the coming days on a test box to replicate your channel listing and see whether I can reproduce.

I guess running the channel push from earlier without the file redirection blocks immediately?
Code:
rs -d 2 push channels
It should start showing something like this immediately:
Code:
SQLite3: 3.25.3
Curl version: libcurl/7.47.1 OpenSSL/1.0.1g zlib/1.2.8
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:04:07 /opt/epg/channels.db mtime 1 = 1601236056 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:47:36)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:04:07 /opt/epg/channels2.db mtime 2 = 1601236056 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:47:36)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:04:07 now - mtime 1 = 991
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:04:09 result = -1
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:04:09 stdout = "102        6940        10847        23000        V

Code:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 /opt/epg/channels.db mtime 1 = 1601235768 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:42:48)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 /opt/epg/channels2.db mtime 2 = 1601235768 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:42:48)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 now - mtime 1 = 1748
I get a quick return:

Code:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 /opt/epg/channels.db mtime 1 = 1601235768 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:42:48)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 /opt/epg/channels2.db mtime 2 = 1601235768 (Sun 27 Sep 2020 20:42:48)
Sun 27 Sep 2020 21:11:56 now - mtime 1 = 1748
I get a quick return:
It should have run the following as part of that process, what happens if you run it manually:
Code:
/opt/bin/fsi.sh

Back