Remote Scheduling Mobile Edition

nofuse

Is anybody else having a problem when trying to set an one-off timer on a non HD channel returning the error message "Failed: Programme already showing"

Yes, I have too. I am able to schedule the programme using the box's interface, just not the Web interface.

This post if the only mention I've found for this error message.

I get the same when trying to schedule anything on my iPhone using RS, even HD. I also don't get the option to record a series. I have not changed anything as far as I know, although it might be an automatic update?

Noticed this yesterday on the mobile version.
But have just checked it on the full web version and it seems to be OK.

Please ignore: I've just checked it on the mobile version and all seems well now.

Noticed this yesterday on the mobile version.
But have just checked it on the full web version and it seems to be OK.

Please ignore: I've just checked it on the mobile version and all seems well now.
I now get this on both my iPhone and the web interface.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

I am also in this posistion. People seem to post here, and then either it Gets Better By Itself, or they are struck dead by the bloody flux, or something.

Please: does anybody have a clue what this error message means? Its phrasing suggests that the recording has already been scheduled, but this is certainly not the case.

And what is the cure? Or at least, what are the circumstances which leave peeps disinclined to post a follow up?

I don't know why I sometimes get "Failed: Programme already showing" when using the RS Mobile website.

All I know is that if I use the full web interface on my Note 2 (remove "/m" from the web address) then it works.

I've just tried to schedule "Backchat" for tonight and it didn't work on the mobile version (Failed: Programme already showing); it also didn't recognise it as a series.

All was well (series link) with the full web interface though.

Many thanks for the reply.

I agree: it works if one doesn't use the mobile version. Although my experience is that, having successfully scheduled something with the PC web page, the mobile version still fails to schedule a (different) show. And you are right - it didn't see Backchat or Only Connect as series.

I am seeing 100% fail rate for Mobile website bookings.

Does anybody know if there is a protocol for reporting it as a bug? It seems like an irritating little flaw in an essentially excellent system.

This is the protocol - a post on this section of the forum will usually get the appropriate attention.

Many thanks for the reply.

I agree: it works if one doesn't use the mobile version. Although my experience is that, having successfully scheduled something with the PC web page, the mobile version still fails to schedule a (different) show. And you are right - it didn't see Backchat or Only Connect as series.

I am seeing 100% fail rate for Mobile website bookings.

Does anybody know if there is a protocol for reporting it as a bug? It seems like an irritating little flaw in an essentially excellent system.
It should be fixed now. Please can you re-test?

Re-tested on Backchat, which is correctly detected as a series. Successfully scheduled a one-off recording, and then deleted it. All worked perfectly.

Not bad for a little hacking between 11:05 and 11:38pm! Thanks very much.

Back