Remote scheduling non HD recordings

redghost

I wonder if anyone can help. I'd like to leave a remote scheduling auto schedule up for a series of movies but what I would like to do is to record standard resolution (ie not HD) even if HD is available. What I have found is that the default seems to be to record HD of preference. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything so thought I would ask.

I know I can select one channel to record from but that, at least for me, spoils the point of the autoschedule.

Thanks for any help

Red

Yeah, I hit the same snag when I wanted to set a schedule for a particular programme whenever it is on. I ended up creating several queries for each of the channels I knew it might be on (avoiding the HD ones) but it is far from ideal. I'd like to be able to pattern match the channel name in some way but I don't think it currently does that.

Pattern matching the channels in some way would be good. Do you know if there is somewhere to make a feature request?

Red

what I would like to do is to record standard resolution (ie not HD) even if HD is available
This has been discussed before, HERE, also having RS >> Auto >> Channel to allow a range e.g. 1, 3, 5, 10-17 or a 'not' range -(100-108) but this is not currently possible

OK. I didn't find that thread when I was looking.

If there is a way around this it would certainly be a useful feature. I should add that it struck me that if multiple auto jobs are possible then perhaps, if this cannot be set up in one job, there could be a way to group jobs and have them share fields during the set up process. Just a thought.

Red

..allow a range e.g. 1, 3, 5, 10-17 or a 'not' range -(100-108) but this is not currently possible
If that is because of the HD channels' LCNs being scattered, will the range be effective if the channels are renumbered to group the HD channels elsewhere ?

Back