Remote Scheduling on FVP-5000T

CHOPMAN

I understand that with the FVP-5000T it’s possible to set recordings remotely (i.e. over the net) using the Humax Live TV App. I also understand that it’s possible to run remote keyword searches using rs.hpkg.tv for programming the Humax HDR-Fox T2 running custom firmware.

What I haven’t found yet is whether it’s possible to program the FVP-5000T this way. Can anyone enlighten me?

Unfortunately I can’t upgrade my creaking Toppy until I can find something that’s as good as it is, at scheduling recordings based on name or program description. I’m rather hoping the FVP-5000T will do it with some remote software, as the native firmware seems limited to series link only.

I understand that with the FVP-5000T it’s possible to set recordings remotely (i.e. over the net) using the Humax Live TV App. I also understand that it’s possible to run remote keyword searches using rs.hpkg.tv for programming the Humax HDR-Fox T2 running custom firmware.

What I haven’t found yet is whether it’s possible to program the FVP-5000T this way. Can anyone enlighten me?

Unfortunately I can’t upgrade my creaking Toppy until I can find something that’s as good as it is, at scheduling recordings based on name or program description. I’m rather hoping the FVP-5000T will do it with some remote software, as the native firmware seems limited to series link only.
You can set recordings remotely, and run keyword searches via https://www.myhumax.net/TVGuide

Yes, but they appear to be manual searches. I'm looking for automatic searches, so if I fancy watching Oklahoma next time it's on, I enter it in the search list and next time it's found it records. Then I have a pleasant surprise one day when it appears in my recordings list (maybe - I've never watched it!)

Yes, but they appear to be manual searches. I'm looking for automatic searches, so if I fancy watching Oklahoma next time it's on, I enter it in the search list and next time it's found it records. Then I have a pleasant surprise one day when it appears in my recordings list (maybe - I've never watched it!)
Perhaps you should purchase a HDR-Fox T2 if you want automatic searches.

So that appears to be a 6 year old, discontinued design with only 2 tuners. Much like my Topfield!

I'm looking for a new PVR that's a step forward, with the features that my Topfield and presumably the old Humax unit had, like keyword searches for recordings, and a wide range of skip forward and backward times, together with new features like catch-up and internet (not limited just to NetFlix). I'm disappointed it doesn't appear to exist :(

Why do you think so many of us are wedded to our HDR-FOXes? A significant advance over your Toppy is HiDef.

Back