Remote Scheduling Portal Retune

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning on retuning the RS Portal data-source this evening. That will mean that the portal EPG data will be unavailable for a short time and then will be back with new channel numbers and services.

If you retune your Humax earlier or later than the RS Portal, then it shouldn't matter in the main. RS uses a number of attributes to try and pick the right channel for recordings and will only struggle if none of the stream service ID, channel number and channel name match. There are a couple of channels that fall into that category (due to capitalisation or spacing changes) but none of the mainstream ones as far as I'm aware.

I see the problem now. 12 is labelled Yesterday but choosing a programme from that channel shows Dave as the source and vice versa.

Hmmm, I haven't done a retune and I can't see any difference at all on my Hummy (i.e. 12 = Yesterday & 19 = Dave, shouldn't they be screwed-up since I haven't re-tuned?) of am I missing something?

I'm on the Emley Moor TX.

Channel names and icons now showing correctly.
The missing bit was that your box needed to send its list of channels up to the RS, which it only does once per day (or you can run the chanpush diagnostic to force it)

Back