Remote Scheduling Problems

Starbase

Its been a while since I used the Remote Scheduling Facility, I have now started using it again and I am having problems. After logging in the Home page correctly shows my active schedule, but when I go to EPG (Guide) it only displays a few radio stations?

I have searched the Forum, and found discussions with possible solutions on this problem:-

"Your Humax sends the region information to the Remote Server at the same time that it sends the other details stored on your Humax, try Web-If >> Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostic rs/sync >> Run, Other Remote Scheduling commands from the Wi-Ki that may be needed are below :-
  • rs/chanpush = Initiates an instant send of channel information to Remote Scheduling server
  • rs/checkin = force a Remote Schedule update with :- /mod/sbin/rs_process now
  • rs/diskpush = Initiates an instant send of 'Full' HDD inventory to Remote Scheduling server
  • rs/muxdump = runs /mod/bin/rs epg
  • rs/push = sends TBL_RESERVATION schedule and pending schedule data to RS Server
  • rs/sync = clear the local state cache and synchronize everything"
I have run the rs/sync command as suggested, with no change in the listing, it appears that my EPG database table is locked for some reason (maybe because I have no Favorite Channels Set)

upload_2015-6-5_23-56-17.png

Any help would be greatly aprechiated

(maybe because I have no Favorite Channels Set)
You don't need to have a favourite set up, it looks like you are receiving channels from two transmitters i.e. Teeside and Yorkshire, this can cause problems, do you have duplicate channels in the 800's ? if so I would suggest manually tuning your Humax to a single transmitter if possible. There are some notes on removing duplicated channels in the WiKi HERE

Thanks - I do receive from both Teeside and Yorkshire transmitters (I mainly use the Yorkshire Channels and occasionally some Teeside ones for the Local News)
I'll read the Wiki and give it a try tommorow

Yeah yeah. The point is that one should not jump to the conclusion that all 800+ services must be removed. Sometimes a work-around is appropriate.

Rs isn't multi region capable. It will only show the first region which in your case is Teeside with only the four channels. I'll look to see if there's a way to deal with this.

That's disingenuous. It is always possible to delete those services, but not necessarily desirable (according to circumstances).

You obviously have nothing better to do with your time.

Starbase if you need any clarification concerning my post please start a 'Conversation' (i.e PM me), as this thread has been hijacked

Last edited:
Thanks for your advise Ezra, I have cleared out the previously tuned channels and tuned to Yorkshire only. All seems to be working okay with the RS.

You mention "Also you can still use multiple regions without having 800's duplicates, which can (and do),cause problems" how would I go about just adding Teeside versions of BBC1 and ITV1 without causing issues again?

You mention "Also you can still use multiple regions without having 800's duplicates, which can (and do),cause problems" how would I go about just adding Teeside versions of BBC1 and ITV1 without causing issues again?
Yeah, that one is mystifying me, too.

If you want multiple regions, you need to take the precautions I referenced in post 4 - if you were having no problems other than the failure of RS then I assume you were. Until af123 makes the RS multi-region capable, there is nothing more you can do.

Fundamentally you have fallen into EP's imprecise use of language - it was possible for you to delete those services, but not desirable. Just do without RS for the time being, until af has a solution.

Last edited:
Back