Remote Scheduling: Your recording schedule contains potential conflicts.

Heathy65

I'm confused with regard to a message I've seen on the RS web page which says I have a conflicting recording.

As far as I can work out I don't have a conflict. I'd just like to understand the logic behind the warning.

I've attached 3 screenshots (one from my TV, one from the local web page and one via RS).

TV Screenshot: Schedule-TV.JPG
Web - Local: Schedule-WebLocal.jpg
Web- RS: Schedule-WebRS.jpg
I am wondering if it's anything to do with Judge Dredd being in two parts.

Any thoughts appreciated.

There is an overlap of times that is causing the conflict, It is not displayed on your screen shots because the times are not changed to reflect the Padding you have added, e.g. In the picture below a program that appears to run for 1 Hour will actally run for 80 Mins because in the second picture I have added padding of 10 Mins. to both ends but it isn't displayed

AR-test.jpg

Padding values are displayed if you hover over the blue double ended arrow blob.
Nice spot Ezra, I couldn't work out what was going on there!

The padding in this case is 2 minutes before and 10 after, so the conflict is that both parts of Judge Dredd will be recording concurrently along with Downton Abbey.

Now that's weird....the link doesn't work in the original post from you but does in the quote in my reply ?!?

Works for me! However, you might have looked at my post before I edited the link in - my modus operandi is to write the post and then source the links afterwards.

I have a similar case (HDR-FOX T2 so two tuners), but I can't see how padding (1 min before, 10 min after) resolves it:
1585146779252.png
Both The Saint and In Our Time finish before Star Trek starts at 09:59. There are no other recordings scheduled before noon in the week.

So everything recorded OK. But there was an anomaly: the box tried to record a non-existent "In Our Time" also at 12:14 and failed with "0 minutes" showing. The Remote Scheduling page still shows the conflict and indicates that there were two versions of the 09:00 In Our Time recording scheduled. In Our Time is not part of the RS Auto-scheduling. I'll delete the In Our Time series reservation and re-do it.

Actually there's no problem getting the programme since it did record it: just got the error trying to record it twice at the same time, and at the same time as another programme! I'm re-dong the reservation just to try to ensure I don't get the same problem next week. I'm familiar with the youtube utility, and take this opportunity to thank all concerned for developming that.

Back