Remote scheduling

Derek Hart

I've successfully installed HDR_Fox_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.20 on my box and have configured the web browser ok on my laptop and Android which seems to be working and allowing me to schedule recordings remotely.
But I can't see any changes to the settings or versions on my Hummy HDR-Fox T2.
Could someone please advise me further.
Ta,
Del.

OK got it many thanks Black Hole but how do I get into the hummy p_k_g login or is there no need ? ( sorry can't post actual link due to restrictions.)

Del.

I don't understand what you mean.

If you are wanting to install packages (which sets up the particular set of facilities you desire) you need to take a look at the Package Management section of the WebIF, "available" tab. If you mean the Remote Scheduling service, I can't remember but I suspect you need the RS package installed first.

I don't understand what you mean.

If you are wanting to install packages (which sets up the particular set of facilities you desire) you need to take a look at the Package Management section of the WebIF, "available" tab. If you mean the Remote Scheduling service, I can't remember but I suspect you need the RS package installed first.

On the wiki instruction page it says -
  • Go to the Settings page in your device's local web interface and register with the remote scheduling service;
  • Wait for your initial password to arrive via email;
So any idea how /where I can find the device's local web interface ? I've already installed WebIf and rs and can't locate it.

Ta.

The device's local web interface is webif, accessed by entering your box IP address in your PC browser.
Click the settings icon, and then click the Settings for rs package.

Humax HDR Fox T2 (Humax1.png

The device's local web interface is webif, accessed by entering your box IP address in your PC browser.
Click the settings icon, and then click the Settings for rs package.

View attachment 893

Thanks Brian, OK, got that now but it says "device not uploaded initial data " and " Your Humax has not yet successfully uploaded a list of recordings.
Ensure that you are running the latest version of the rs package on your device."
How should I do this please ?

Del.

If you have just installed it, you are. For automatic updating install the auto-update package. To check what needs updating, on the Package Management page click "update package list from Internet" and wait for the process to finish, then see the Updates tab.

If you have just installed it, you are. For automatic updating install the auto-update package. To check what needs updating, on the Package Management page click "update package list from Internet" and wait for the process to finish, then see the Updates tab.
Thanks for that, checked again this morning and everything seems to be working fine now, just needed to go through the 4 am update I guess.
Hummy org seems much the same as the web interface so can't see the need for both, it's brilliant to have these facilities anyway.
Many thanks for your help.
Del.

Hummy org seems much the same as the web interface so can't see the need for both
The on-line service allows for you to manage your HDR-FOX while away from home - that's the point! It also has much better EPG search facilities than the WebIF.

So the Web interface doesn't work away from home with IP address, Ok point taken.
Yes of course it will if you set up the necessary port forwarding rules in your router. Some people would see it as a significant risk to expose a device like the Humax to the Internet. The remote scheduling interface only involves outgoing communication from the Humax and so doesn't have the same risks.

Back