Remote volume control issue

nicwhit

Hi everyone,
I've searched the forum and didn't find anything like this on here.

I have my remote set to control my LG TV, and my Onkyo 507 receiver.
Until yesterday the volume button would control the volume on the reciver and one the TV seperatly when their respective modes were activated.

Now, out of the blue. When Audio is selected, and I try to control the volume on my Onkyo..the volume on the TV goes up and down.

Batteries are brand new, I've tried resetting the codes on the remote, I've tried doing the Onkyo volume with the TV turned off. But nothing seems to work.

Anyone else had this issue / got any ideas how I can fix it / know how to reset the remote to factory settings?

Thanks

I think if you leave the batteries out for an extended period you will lose the settings.
Have you tried the other number codes for the Onkyo?

I think if you leave the batteries out for an extended period you will lose the settings.
Have you tried the other number codes for the Onkyo?
Yep, all 3 of them, about 4 times each. Only 1 code works.

I'll take out the batteries overnight and use my pile of old remotes instead, see if that helps.
It's really weird!

Stored charge. Discharging it through the LEDs (including the IR emitter) means the memory will be lost faster than just leaving it to bleed away. The LEDs won't go on for long without the batteries!

I have tried it. It doesn't work. If it did then if you inadvertently pushed some buttons whilst changing the batteries you would lose your settings. I wasn't talking days or even hours but something like 10 mins. Although I have not tested it.

The settings (ie device codes) won't get lost, they are stored in EEPROM. The discharge should reboot the micro in the handset and clear any misoperation though.

I've given it a 40 minute test and the remote has retained its settings for the TV. :(

Back