Remove old iphone package

Terrahawk

I have a sub directory called iphone found in webif/html when browsing via telnet. I'm trying to determine if this is from the old iphone web package I used before af123 added the mobile version of web-if. I would like to cleanup/remove the old iphone package if this is what the directory relalates to as I no longer use it.

When I browse to the humax box's URL: IP 192.168.X.X/iphone, I see a directory listing, rather than the content generated by index.shtml. I assume if this was the old package, it no longer works.

Further, opkg lists the package "webif-iphone - 1.0.1" as installed. This is not displayed in the web-if package list. Is this the old iphone package or a dependancy of web-if?

What's the best way to remove the package?

Remove it on the Package Management page in the WebIf or use "opkg remove webif-iphone" at the command line.

Thanks prpr

The package was not listed in the management page of webif but with your suggestion, it was successfully removed via opkg. I tried to remove via opkg before using the full package name displayed by "opkg list-installed". All I got was package not removed. It seems you need the name without the version number.

Thanks again. Any day I learn something new is a good day :)

The package was not listed in the management page of webif
I've just verified this with one of my packages which is not in the official repository. I'm fairly sure that wasn't the case at some point in the past.
I tried to remove via opkg before using the full package name displayed by "opkg list-installed". All I got was package not removed. It seems you need the name without the version number.
Correct, just the name is required. You can't have multiple versions installed so it's pointless having to specify the version.

Back