Rename via Web-IF

Hello

I am trying to rename the folder
8 Out of 10 Cats_ Uncut
to
8 Out of 10 Cats - Uncut
via the Web-IF without success.

I tried it with a recording in the folder and with the folder empty; no joy.

Any ideas?

This has been reported HERE, and I have tested it myself yesterday with the same results. I think that af123 will have to take a look at it, as I'm sure that it used to work with earlier versions of webif.

Edit: It has also been reported in THIS THREAD.

I haven't had time to look at it yet but I'll try and look tonight and release an update to fix it.

Is the hyphen a reserved character?
No, it works fine. However if you include ":" in your folder name it is accepted by Web-if, but not when you view the file from a Windows or Linux PC, where it appears like in the Explorer, and you can't do anything with it, such as rename or delete. You can't (at the moment) rename it in Web-if either. If you do this to a file name Web-if does accept your new name and you can then access it from Winows Explorer (for copy, move, further rename, etc)

Roger

Thanks for that, I'm surprised that it has taken so long for someone to notice that it was broken.:)

I've just noticed that although I attempted to rename the folder in Media to

8 Out of 10 Cats - Uncut

In the Schedule, the next recording says

8 Out of 10 Cats Uncut
(Folder: 8 Out of 10 Cats: Uncut)

Hope this is of interest.

You need to also change the target folder name in the WebIF Scheduled Events browser for the relevant recording entry, otherwise the original folder name will be recreated next time a recording is made. The ":" in the programme name is not a valid character in a folder name, so it gets substituted with an underscore.

Back