Renumber / Reorder

kevindickinson

A problem I've been trying to think through but not worked out in my head the best way to achieve.

My problem is that if renumber is used more than once only the last change is saved to the database overwriting previous renumbers.

Usually the above is fine as the previous changes have already been applied but after a retune these are lost and can't be reapplied without entering every change again.

I'm currently maintaining a list of renumbered stations in a separate excel spreadsheet and typing these in again after a retune but ideally would like to keep a list on the system and re apply after a retune.

Any pointers on options for above?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand. I thought renumber is persistent, re-applying the swap table if a retune occurs and allowing for the swap table to be extended. I feel sure that would have been the intention, and if it doesn't do that it is probably a bug.

Last edited:
I thought renumber is persistent, re-applying the swap table if a retune occurs and allowing for the swap table to be extended.
It is not persistant on mine either. If I retune one mux, the other channels stay renumbered but the retuned mux's chanels are back to the LCN allocations even after a warm restart.

Looks like a bug to me. It should do any necessary swaps on each boot. I'll try and have a look at it this week but I don't have much time I'm afraid.

The difficulty is that those swaps no longer exist. At the start of retuning a mux all the channels for the multiplex are deleted before they are re-added. This process has the same appearance as individually deleting the channel i.e. the entry on the re-number setting list and the diagnostics channel information list appears to be removed.

I’m curious. Does the swap table hang off the Humax’s channel table and not allow orphans?

This isn’t looking like a trivial change as the tidy up process for the swap table would have to be moved to the boot process or done/instigated manually.

Luke, does it matter that channels don't exist at the start of a retune as long as they are there at end of the retune?
Appreciate some channels will be gone but usually most stay the same so it should be possible to re apply the re numbering after a retune if a full record is kept.

Basically that's what I'm doing manually now:

Retune
Type in all my re numbering from my excel spreadsheet in reorder table
Renumber

Luke, does it matter that channels don't exist at the start of a retune as long as they are there at end of the retune?
I agree that the package still makes it easier than it would be without to renumber channels but it could be made easier to maintain the renumbering. I guess whether it is worth while to change the re-number package will depend on how simple it is to implement a redesign.

Back