Renumbering channels - Remote Schedule portal not quite right for me

tolksee

I used the Web package to update my channel numbers so that the HD equivalents are swapped with the SD channels:

"1" is BBC1 HD,
"3" is "ITV HD",
"4" is C4HD
"101" is BBC1
"103" is ITV
"104" is C4.

In the Remote Scheduling portal, the main EPG grid reflects this setup. However when I click on a program on one of the HD channels to set a recording, the pop-up window shows the information for the SD version of the channel. The logo in the bottom left is the SD logo, and when I schedule a recording via this method, it schedules a recording for the SD channel.

I tried the same thing as you, and found the same problem. It effectively renders RS useless as far as recording HD programmes is concerned so I've abandoned the 'renumber' facility and gone back to using the 'native' LCNs. It's a bit of a shame because the idea of being able to renumber channels to 'swap' the HD ones with the SD equivalents is a nice one, but as I have an DVB-T2 TV anyway, I just use the HDR for recording/playback so the ability to schedule recording remotely is more important to me.

The RS portal will always prefer a higher numbered channel - this is an easy way to prefer high-def recordings on an unnumbered box. It should be possible to fix this issue though and I will try and find some time to look at it.

Back