Reorder the Channel List

mcquaim

Hi guys,

Is there any way to change the order of the channels after a scan?

I’d like to switch the SD & HD channels and move some about but the edit channel list settings option doesn’t seem to allow this 🤔

It seems very odd if this is not possible …

Thanks,
Mac

I was about to suggest tunefix to reassign LCNs, but now realise this is Aura!

TBH I have never seen any equipment which lets you do this natively. Even if you nominate favourites, the services will still be listed in LCN order (although you could just add HiDef services as favourites).

The HDR-FOX custom firmware bodges it by reassigning LCN, so then the services no longer have their published LCNs (which can be confusing).

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I really thought that nearly all equipment allowed a reordering of the channels, older stuff anyway… I had an old Humax Freeview receiver and I was able to reorder the channels on it, perhaps with a custom firmware, can’t really remember fully…

I was hoping this Aura would be an option for the old man but he’s a stickler for his own channel order so he’s not going to settle for them like this I don’t think…

I will have a play with the favourites and see how to use them and if anything can be done for the old man…

Cheers,
Mac

Hi guys,

Is there any way to change the order of the channels after a scan?

I’d like to switch the SD & HD channels and move some about but the edit channel list settings option doesn’t seem to allow this 🤔

Thanks,
Mac
Just make a favourite list that includes all the channels you want and you can then put them in any order you choose, the list will appear whenever you click guide unless you change it back to TV list. After adding all the channels to a favourite list you get the option to sort them, click on a channel then scroll it up or down the list and dump it wherever you want, it takes a few minutes to do but once done it stays even after a re scan.

Last edited:
Even if you nominate favourites, the services will still be listed in LCN order
???????? The T2 also lets you put channels in any order you choose in the favourite list, I have always had the big 5 channels first in my list with each SD version next to its HD version followed by its +1 where available then everything else in most to least viewed irrespective of LCN order.

Just make a favourite list that includes all the channels you want and you can then put them in any order you choose, the list will appear whenever you click guide unless you change it back to TV list. After adding all the channels to a favourite list you get the option to sort them, click on a channel then scroll it up or down the list and dump it wherever you want, it takes a few minutes to do but once done it stays even after a re scan.
Thanks for that 👍

I don’t see any option to enable the favourite list after adding channels to it, I must be going blind 🤦🏼‍♂️

### Edit ###

Got it, only available in the guide page….

Only issue I see now is when he presses 1 on the keypad it will go to channel 1 and not the top channel in the favourite list 🤔

Last edited:
Thanks for that 👍

I don’t see any option to enable the favourite list after adding channels to it, I must be going blind 🤦🏼‍♂️

### Edit ###

Got it, only available in the guide page….

Only issue I see now is when he presses 1 on the keypad it will go to channel 1 and not the top channel in the favourite list 🤔
The numbers cannot be changed from the designated channel numbers, he will need to to press guide and scroll up to the top of the list. I rarely use the number keys as I know where in my list everything is and its second nature now, I am sure he will be that way too soon enough. When in the guide page pressing the direction keys scrolls up and down one channel at a time but pressing the CH key scrolls the whole page up and down making navigation much faster.

An elderly friend only ever used the CH+ and CH- to change channel.

I might even have been persuaded to try using Favourites!
You really should it will change your life :). I am still shocked that you have for years been wading through a list of channels in a totally illogical order for practical use without even requesting that a sort function might be added to the custom firmware.

I use tunefix instead of favourites. Early on, favourites didn't work very well, but I think bootsettings might have fixed that.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

without even requesting that a sort function might be added to the custom firmware.
I can't imagine how that would/could work. The only way to sort the services is by LCN, and re-allocating LCNs to a desired order is what tunefix cn do.

Back