Repeat recordings

Brian Harrison

My 9300t, will duplicate recorded programs especially those that are repeated on the plus 1 hour channels, series record is the worst. My Q is this correctable on the Humax, ? I have alway's understood each tv transmitted program has a unique set of codes which tell the recording device to start and stop the selected program.
Regards

Yes, Accurate Recording relies on the CRIDs that define the programme and, in some cases, the series to which it belongs.

I assume you are having problems with series recordings and, if I may guess, on Channel 5; though not exclusively.

However, we are at the mercy of the Broadcasters as to their use. Channel 5, in particular, uses the same Series and Programme CRIDs for the C5, C5+1, C5*, etc broadcasts per day so duplicate recordings will occur.

On my 9200 I switched to weekday recordings for my wife's Neighbours recordings.

Note that more modern PVRs do not suffer this problem - my HDR Fox-T2, HD Fox-T2 and TVonics HD500 all remember they have recorded the programme and do not duplicate.

Martin

My 9300T has started to exhibit similar behaviour, recording programmes multiple times, but attaching completely unrelated programme titles, channel and timing data. Deleting one instance of an item removes all instances of it. Some Scheduled Recordings are being missed altogether, on an apparently random basis. The kit has become virtually useless.

Sounds like the same bugs the 9200 suffers from - filesystem corruption. You need to format the disk.

Some Scheduled Recordings are being missed altogether, on an apparently random basis. The kit has become virtually useless.
Well known problem. Watch any important recordings and then format the hard drive from the HDD Control Item on the Record Menu.

Thanks, guys. I was rather afraid that would be the answer. No time to watch all the stored stuff promptly and annoying that there's no way easily to copy it off onto something else (?)

I've solved the immediate problem by adding a HDR-FOX T2, something I've been meaning to do for a while so as to get the facility to record more than two simultaneous broadcasts. So we can now watch the old stuff and record on the new box for a while, then reformat the old box and we'll have the recording capabilities we want.

The new box has USB so offers the back-up-to-external-HDD facility too, which could be handy.

No time to watch all the stored stuff promptly and annoying that there's no way easily to copy it off onto something else (?)
There is a way - it's called humaxrw - but you have to take the disk out of the machine.
Humaxrw runs either on your PC or on the HDR-T2 if you have the customised firmware installed.

Back