Repeatedly fail to record one film (Laura on Talking Pictures)

Dave F.

Hi
As I type Laura on Talking Pictures (81) is currently being broadcast but not recorded. This is at least the fourth time this has occurred.
I've have the film set up in RS to find a match, I receive an email to confirm it's scheduled successfully. It appears in the various 'to record' listings.
I'm able to schedule record other programs from this & other channels.

It produces a .hmt file but nothing else.
This is the only reference to it in the log files I could find (rs.log) Are any of the others relevant?

Any clues?

1633365434591.png

RS is broken and has been since the package was released.
I identified the fix for it here.

It's not entirely clear from your message whether there is more to this than just RS though. What happens if you schedule it using the on-screen EPG?

There's not been a problem using the on-screen EPG.
My other Talking Pictures recordings were from an RS Auto find. A catch all for anything titled 'Sherlock' on any channel. It picked up & recorded matching programs on other channels.
I probably won't be able to test specifically for 'Laura' on Talk Pictures as it won't be on again for months/years.
FYI I note that other thread is 'beta' which I'm not, knowingly, running.

It's not entirely clear from the other post what the problem is. If it's just an invalid case-sensitive variable name, why is it just one program (for me) that's repeatedly failing?

If it's just an invalid case-sensitive variable name, why is it just one program (for me) that's repeatedly failing?
I don't know (or care particularly), I just read the error messages. Read the code if you are interested in trying to work it out.

The rs package is not Beta (it's just thread creep - should have been a new thread, but people don't...).

I don't know (or care particularly), I just read the error messages. Read the code if you are interested in trying to work it out.

The rs package is not Beta (it's just thread creep - should have been a new thread, but people don't...).
I don't particularly care if you particularly care. It was a general question to anyone with the knowledge to answer. Obviously you lack that knowledge.

I don't particularly care if you particularly care. It was a general question to anyone with the knowledge to answer. Obviously you lack that knowledge.
You seem to have misunderstood.

If you follow the information trail, you'll see this is a long known bug due to the easily-overlooked difference in the code between "i" and "I", identified by prpr in the first place, and awaiting correction. There's nothing stopping you editing out the error in accordance with the existing instructions, and then your problem goes away.

What prpr means is he's not all that keen on chasing down exactly why it impacts your particular recording. Perhaps it could have been differently worded, but there's no need to get irritated just because you couldn't see the message within, and you're effectively biting the hand that's feeding you.

Back