Repeats - how do I tell?

page3

Am I being particularly dim, or is there no indication that a programme is a repeat?

I've looked everywhere but can't find any indication, plus the manual doesn't mention it.

???!

There is no indication in the TV Guide that a programme is a repeat, but you can usually find out by looking in a TV listings magazine such as "Radio Times".

Always thought this was an odd omission when I had my Toppy, but I thought the Humax with its newer features would include this. They manage to show genre, strong languarge/violence notification, but not repeats :(

Wonder if it will ever come.......?

There are individual programme IDs (see the Glossary entry for CRID), so if you have a series recording the Humax will not record a programme within the series that has already been recorded. However, there is nothing to identify an individual programme (or series) as a repeat from some previous occasion when you select it from the EPG, and what the boxes can do is limited by the information they are fed.

Slightly off topic ( but not worthy of a new thread) , is there anywhere online or in any documentation that shows what the symbols mean on the EPG, e.g like the series link icon ?
I dont recall seeing anything in my HDR info manual.

Thanks for the replies.

Absolutely amazed no indication of repeats is present.

I'm just used to the TiVo EPG (series 1 - 10 years old) which really does make the Humax (and Sky+) seem terribly primitive.

Absolutely amazed no indication of repeats is present.
I think that realistically there should be an indication if a programme is New, rather than a repeat.

The "Radio Times" has a line on the bottom of some pages, saying "ALL PROGRAMMES ON DIGITAL CHANNELS ARE REPEATS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED":D

I'm just used to the TiVo EPG (series 1 - 10 years old) which really does make the Humax (and Sky+) seem terribly primitive.
All the Freeview certified PVRs use a common source of EPG data provided by the broadcasters. Your request is reasonable but it should be directed to the broadcasters not the hardware manufacturers.

Back