Replacement hard drive

longhaul

Can anyone suggest a 500GB or 1TB hard drive with which to replace the standard 320GB hard drive in the Foxsat HDR? The recommendations I've seen to date all appear to be out of production.

I have been considering upgrades for a while. Just looked on Dabs and the
Western Digital 500GB AV-GP SATA-300 3.5" 16MB
is £83.98, while the
Western Digital 2TB AV-GP 3.5" SATA-300 64MB
is £89.98. In effect the first 500GB is £83.98, but the next 1500GB is just £6 more. When I search for size limits the results come up for the Freeview Fox T2 rather than the Freesat Foxsat HDR that I have. These mention that it can take a while to display the play list, but 2TB will work. Is it the same for the Foxsat HDR, slow if you have a lot of files, but it does work with 2GB?

I have been considering upgrades for a while. Just looked on Dabs and the
Western Digital 500GB AV-GP SATA-300 3.5" 16MB
is £83.98, while the
Western Digital 2TB AV-GP 3.5" SATA-300 64MB
is £89.98. In effect the first 500GB is £83.98, but the next 1500GB is just £6 more. When I search for size limits the results come up for the Freeview Fox T2 rather than the Freesat Foxsat HDR that I have. These mention that it can take a while to display the play list, but 2TB will work. Is it the same for the Foxsat HDR, slow if you have a lot of files, but it does work with 2GB?

Yes the Foxsat-hdr works with 2TB drives but you have to do the partitioning and formatting yourself. The box will only partition and format drives up to 1TB by itself.

Back