Replacement TV

greywizard

Although my 2000T seems to have settled down, my 6 year old Sony 26inch still has its odd moments with the Hummy. I'm now considering getting a new set. I realise that it is personal choice, but what 32inch set do Hummyites consider the best match.

I have Samsungs on three HDR-FOXes and an LG on another - never a moment's problem. I also have a cheapie Luxor (Asda own-brand) on an HD-FOX - but let's not talk about that :oops: (it works though).

Thanks guys ( or "guyess's'").

Looks like Samsung UE32H5000 is current model so gonna download manual to see if what I want.
Also will go to local Currys, but trouble seems to be is that they only run DVD's on their demos. So no true
representation of TV pic.
My local Currys say they can't show real time TV as they don't have the aerial/network setup
that would allow them to do so!

Also will go to local Currys, but trouble seems to be is that they only run DVD's on their demos. So no true
representation of TV pic.
My local Currys say they can't show real time TV as they don't have the aerial/network setup
that would allow them to do so!
They're probably too tight to buy a TV licence and install a proper distribution system.
Don't give them any trade (personal opinion).

Possibly need a public entertainment licence or something like that as well. How on earth do they get a noisy analogue type picture on their digital TVs?

I didn't actually view mine, as there are waay too many settings to play with to get any real idea from a Curry's display. I researched mine by review, and found a website that a) recommended it and b) gave the settings they'd used. I bought it, plugged those in, and haven't changed them in 3 years. Damned if I can find it now though!
EDIT - It was on the hdtvtest facebook page - they used to post "post calibration" settings. I've no idea how to search a FB page, so you're on your own there!

Last edited:
I've never gone away from the default calibrations - maybe I'm less critical but the picture looks OK to me! A DVD output will be just as good for assessing the PQ as a live feed - they are, after all, all digital now.

Back