replacing Topfield. T2 or 2000T ?

MrLikerBiker

I have been thinking about replacing my ancient Topfield for some time. Had decided to go for a T2 when the 2000T became available. My feeling is to still go for the T2, however, does the 2000T offer anything more than the T2? More powerful processor/up to date hardware? I like the idea of custom firmware although I may never use it. It is just nice to know I could if I wanted.

I have been thinking about replacing my ancient Topfield for some time. Had decided to go for a T2 when the 2000T became available. My feeling is to still go for the T2, however, does the 2000T offer anything more than the T2? More powerful processor/up to date hardware? I like the idea of custom firmware although I may never use it.
The 2000T has a more powerful processor as part of a more recent chip set. It isn't clear if it will be possible to implement the custom firmware on the HDR2000T. I am not a big user of the custom firmware but the ability to restore the schedule after a retune, to control the fan and the maintenance mode to monitor and fix hard drive/file system problems are all very useful. I suggest reading more about the custom firmware before making a decision. If you definitely will not use it then get a 2000T otherwise think hard about the merits of the two boxes.

If one's used to the power & delights of a TAPped Toppy (automatic scheduling & list views, etc.) then the CF is essential and a T2 should be purchased whilst still available IMO.

Agreed. I have gone from using two Topfield 5810's (with MyStuff) to using three HDR Fox T2's (all with CF). I haven't missed the Toppies one bit. I wouldn't say that if we didn't have the CF on the HDR's though. The 2000T seems too locked down for me so that's defo a no-no AFAIK.

To be fair we don't know yet, until there is a firmware update that can be examined. However, for the time being, better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Ok. Have just purchased an AGrade T2 from humax direct for £145 including delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back