Request for 9200T 1.00.15 Firmware

James Oldham

Hi Guys

Does anyone have version 1.00.15 Firmware for the 9200T?
If anyone has it also the versions between 1.00.15 and the latest version .23, and also if anyone has a beta software beyond .23.

Thanks

James

Hi Martin

The 9200T with .23 on has been slugish to respond to the remote control for a long time, it will action the remote presses eventually.
Sometimes the 9200T will work fine and other times the remote is slugish to respond.
I have come to the conclusion that .23 in combination with the 9200T being old and freeview broadcasting changing over the years the 9200T just can't cope.
I'm trying to get the 9200T on a firmware version that will respond to presses on the remote while sacrifising features.
Just wanted to look into getting both my 9200T's functioning well before rather than buying new.
Then I can give feedback on firmware on this post.

Cheers

James

Hi Martin

I don't understand how to manually tune but choosing only 3 or 4 multiplexes.
I can see in Preferences > 5 UHF Tuning > 1 UHF Channel, this allows you to select a single channel between 21 and 69.
Also in Installation > 2 Manual Search > 1 Channel, this allows you to select a single channel between 21 and 69.
Are the channels between 21 and 69 the multiplexes?
The Humax defaults to channel 26, should I select another number and see if the Strength/Quality is and better or the same? And then retune?

Regards

James

It depends where you are and which transmitter is supplying you.

Find out which transmitter you use and then you can find out which channels you need to scan for your services. This helps speed up the channels search and also may then not clog up the machine with duplicate weaker signals it can receive.

Once you have downloaded all the programs available go through and delete all the stuff you do not want; this helps reduce the load on the system.

When the machine slows down I find a complete re-boot can help restore speed and that means close the Hummy down and switch off the wall socket.

I don't understand how to manually tune but choosing only 3 or 4 multiplexes.
These are the Biggles manual tuning instructions that have been previously posted to MyHumax.org and DigitalSpy; the only modification is that instead of choosing five multiplexes just choose four or some people even go down to three:

Manual Search Instructions.

The reason for doing a Manual Search is to target the six (five after DSO) multiplexes coming only from your preferred transmitter. The UHF channel numbers for your six/five multiplexes (digital channels) from your preferred transmitter can be obtained from the digitaluk web-site, enter your post code, house number and also tick the "Detailed view" box. Your UHF channel numbers are in the grey columns in the Coverage prediction section, ignore the BBC B multiplex (HD channels). The compass bearing for the available transmitters at your address are also shown on the page so you can check to see which transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. You should only use the transmitter that your aerial is pointing at.

First you need to delete all existing channels.
Menu > Edit Channels > Edit Channel Lists > Password (0000) and delete all channels, note there is a Select All button. If you were on a TV channel before going into the menu then TV channels will be listed first, delete them all. Go to Group, select Radio and delete all the radio channels. Press Exit on the remote control and when invited save all the changes.

You will now get a message saying No channels are available……, press OK. You should now be taken to the Installation menu, choose Manual Search. Select the first UHF channel number obtained from the digitaluk web-site for Channel (actually the order doesn’t matter) and press Search. When the search completes, Save. Select the next UHF channel number for Channel and press Search.....Save. Repeat this for all six/five UHF channel numbers and to finish press the Exit button. You will now find all your Freeview channels on their correct channel numbers, good luck.

Back