Reset DLNA database suggestion (if possible)

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
When running the reset within Diagnostics I have to physically turn off content share, run the reset then turn it on again.
Within /mod/boot/pox there is a line which will turn on content share. Could this code be incorporated somehow so that resetting the DLNA database can be done in one hit ?

Speaking of power on channel there is no mention whatsoever on the settings page of what it can be used to control other than startup channel, volume and favourites group!

Could the settings page be updated to include the other controllable settings or at least a File editor link to the pox file?

Last edited:
When running the reset within Diagnostics I have to physically turn off content share, run the reset then turn it on again.
Within /mod/boot/pox there is a line which will turn on content share. Could this code be incorporated somehow so that resetting the DLNA database can be done in one hit ?
Unfortunately not as the pox settings are applied during boot before the Humax software starts up.
I'm sure I could find the place in the code where the DLNA server is started and stopped and work something into it but it would take a couple of days effort which is just not worth it.

Speaking of power on channel there is no mention whatsoever on the settings page of what it can be used to control other than startup channel, volume and favourites group!

Could the settings page be updated to include the other controllable settings or at least a File editor link to the pox file?
It can tweak any simple value (itemValue field) in the setup database tables. Best approach is to use the database browser to look at the tables and see what the various settings in there are. There are a couple of examples in the default pox configuration file.
That file should already be in the quick-edit list.

It can tweak any simple value (itemValue field) in the setup database tables. Best approach is to use the database browser to look at the tables and see what the various settings in there are. There are a couple of examples in the default pox configuration file.
That file should already be in the quick-edit list.
The file is in the diagnostics page quick edit but it is non intuitive that you would need to go there or that a pox file is related to power on settings.
Since it is not feasible to add GUI control for all the potentially alterable fields would it be possible to add a File editor link to the pox file directly to the poc settings page.

The comments in the pox file (and WIKI) should refer to the setup.db for a list of potentially changeable fields, but urge caution before tinkering with unknown settings.

It might be nice to rename the package to Power On Controls since it can control much more than just the power on channel

I'm all for giving users more info. on what can be done with the Custom Firmware, but I think the note 4 (below) is as far as I would go in encouraging them to 'fiddle' with it, a better approach would be for the more experienced users to post new pox lines here, so they can be added to the default file

note4.jpg

Back