Reset Smart statistics

surefire

Chaps.

Not long replaced the HD in my Hummy and wondered if there was a method to zero out just the Smart statistics. I think the disk diagnostics are displaying data from my old faulty drive as the seek and read/write values are still very high.

Thanks

Last edited:
They may look high when compared to other makes of drives - but are typical of Seagate drives.
Nothing to worry about.
E.g. I.D. number 9 - power on hours - 217. Are you saying this is from your previous faulty drive?

If there were any figures to worry about in the stats table (as displayed in the WebIF Diagnostics) they would be highlighted in red.

As for clearing them, that's like winding a car odometer back – no point unless you intend to swindle somebody.

As for clearing them, that's like winding a car odometer back – no point unless you intend to swindle somebody.
He/she was under the impression that perhaps something was remembering, and continuing on from, the stats of the previous disc:
I think the disk diagnostics are displaying data from my old faulty drive as the seek and read/write values are still very high.
In that case resetting them would not be an unreasonable idea.

Back