Resolved - Firefox 66.0.1 - extensions and themes not shown under add-ons but are working fine

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
My extensions and theme are working fine but, under Tools>Add-ons Manage your extensions and Manage your themes, there is nothing listed.
Is anyone using Firefox 66.0.1 experiencing this ?

(I have raised this in the Firefox forum)

Which OS? All there OK on mine on Windoze. 66.0.2 has shown up, so I updated it and they're still working.

Windows 7 Home - have updated to 66.0.2 but no difference. It appears that the fields are there but no data in them (my other laptop has the same problem - same OS)

Mine's 7 Pro 32. Never used Home (it's too dumbed down, from what I read a while back).

Fixed it !
When Firefox went to ver 57 I used userChrome.css and userContent.css to try and recreate how I like Firefox to look. This had been working fine. I can only assume that ver 65 broke this.
To resolve the problem I removed userContent.css - all working okay now.

That's interesting. Does that mean Firefox uses HTML to render itself through its presentation engine as well as any web pages you access?

As annoying as it is when software updates change the UI, IMO taking special measures to alter it to one's taste is a fool's errand.

Back