Restart custom firmware from scratch

mihaid

Would set RMA get rid of everything to do with custom firmware?

It seems that my installation is going bonkers: things that should be there aren't, also things that should have gone aren't gone, I had the original epgkeywords installed, but that was removed ages ago but I still get epgkeywords setting on the settings page in webif, etc
So it's probably time to start from scratch, however is there a way to retain settings for specific packages?

You could export the /mod/etc folder, but re-importing it might bring your instability back. It would be better to make a note of it all and then reinstate by hand.

The settings for custom firmware are not accessible through the TV screen, and installing firmware does not alter the Humax menus that are accessible through the TV. Screen captures of the WebIF settings pages and any config files through the Diagnostics file editor would be more appropriate.

I was afraid that's what you were going to suggest and from laziness was trying to avoid. I could bet that there is going to be at least something I'll forget to screen save.
The schedule of recordings does not get touched, right?

The settings for custom firmware are not accessible through the TV screen, and installing firmware does not alter the Humax menus that are accessible through the TV. Screen captures of the WebIF settings pages and any config files through the Diagnostics file editor would be more appropriate.
Sorry I misunderstood, thought he meant standard settings.

Back