Retrieve lost PVR 9200T Recorded Items list

I've tried running from the PC's Administrator account, still without success.
Which doesn't necessarily run things with admin. access (on versions after XP, certainly with 7; never used Vista so don't know).
You need to check the title bar, as I said before, having used the "Run as administrator" option on the "Command Prompt" object's menu.
I am running as Administrator.
@are_we_humax - But how are you running it as Administrator?

Hopefully by typing cmd in the search box then right clicking and choosing run as administrator. That does it for me.

It's beginning to look like a protection thing, though I am running as Administrator.
As everybody is trying to tell you, being logged in as administrator isn't sufficient. Personally I use All Programs>Accessories and then right click and select Run as Administrator on Command Prompt.

Like what I said! But my way is quicker to achieve the same end ;=). And it has been said to check that the word "Administrator" is in the title bar of the window.

Bingo! (I think.)
prpr had said above that I needed to 'Run as Administrator' and not just run logged in as Administrator. I checked on a thread in another forum (myhumax.org) where Martin Liddle spelled out what was needed for this:- Start -> right click Command Prompt -> Run as Administrator, and this gives Administrator: Command Prompt (I'm doing this while actually logged in as myself). Typing {appropriate file path}humaxrw -l 5: gave 'Record list is empty' which at least was different, and {appropriate file path}humaxrw -r -l 5: gave a complete list of titles, at long last!
It seems then that my suspicions about McAfee blocking things were unfounded, and it was admin permission that humaxrw was referring to.
I'll report back when I've used humaxrw to rebuild (rather than just display) the list, but thanks everyone for the advice to get me this far.

spelled out what was needed for this:- Start -> right click Command Prompt -> Run as Administrator,
Just like two people here had told you to do in post 23 (Me) and 24 (MartinLiddle).:disagree:

Yes, Trev, but I'd done my experimentation before seeing those posts - and had posted #26 before realising #21-#25 were there on page 2! Originally I hadn't known there was a difference between 'running as administrator' and 'running in administrator' - it's not obvious, and your #16 didn't imply there was a difference. The necessity of using a right click to open up the 'hidden' menu to get this hadn't been stated in this thread before Saturday.

Anyway, another question on the use of humaxrw (sorry!). To rebuild the recording list on the Humax, do I have to do all the following?
humaxrw 5: -r -l {to see the list of recordings}
humaxrw 5: -r -g 1-50 {to copy all recorded programmes to the PC directory, including the Buffers, given that the recovered list showed numbers 1 to 50; or can I use a * wildcard?}
ts2rw *.ts {to rebuild the list file, on the PC}
RENAME recover_0032.hre World_Cup_1986.hre {for instance, and similarly for other .hre files; I guess spaces in file names would confuse the PC's OS; presumably there's no point in renaming the buffer files}
humaxrw 5: -p *.hre {to copy all the .hre files to the Humax}
DEL *.ts {to delete the recorded programmes from the PC; and similarly for .elu, .epg, .hre}

(Presumably a refinement to the above is, while all information is on the PC, to put the HDD back in the Humax, reformat it, take it out again, and then copy everything back from the PC to the Humax HDD.)

Given that "-r -l" can reconstruct the list directly from the Humax, I just wonder why the .ts recordings themselves need to be transferred to the PC.
And another thing is what happens back on the Humax, once it's got the rebuilt .hre files on it. Does it automatically construct the recordings list from these, or is does it need an instruction? If it does it automatically, does this happen after some preset period? Was it this list that had been corrupted, or was it the set of .hre files (and if so, why all of them)? And how does it know which were 'buffer' files, because presumably it has to treat these in some special way?
But as long as we get the lost recordings back safely, the deeper technical questions aren't that important!

and had posted #26 before realising #21-#25 were there on page 2!
I don't think you are alone there. Hands up who hasn't done that:) So we can assume that you no longer get the access denied problem.

Happy ending.
Using the humax -r -l, humax -r -g, and ts2rw commands as above, then putting the HDD back in the Humax and reformatting, then taking it out again and using humaxrw 5: -p *.ts, the recordings with their list were properly restored; humaxrw -l 5: (without the -r) confirmed the HDD had the list properly. (Without doing the reformat, the -p command went on for a long time on the first item and then said the disc was full. This was presumably because of my particular problem with the list corruption.)
For reference for anyone else in the future, the -g 'get' command gets ts, elu & epg, and the -p 'put' command puts all of ts, elu, epg & hre back when you just specify the files as *.ts.
Thanks for all assistance (and to xyz321 for the writing of humaxrw).
I can now get back to working my way through the FIFA programmes of World Cups from years past, watching England underachieving. I don't suppose solving that problem is as straightforward ;)

Back