retune blues

I am a new user. I came back from a few days away. There had evidently been a power cut. The Humax was turned on, which is how I'd left it. The Favourites List had vanished. More worryingly, the schedule of recordings was blank. The recorded programmes are all still there, but scheduled recordings and series have disappeared. Is this normal? Can I do anything to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Are you in an area that has had a retune event whilst you were away? If your box has performed an auto-retune, this would cause your schedules and favourites to vanish.

You can reduce the effects of this if you use the custom firmware.

Are you in an area that has had a retune event whilst you were away? If your box has performed an auto-retune, this would cause your schedules and favourites to vanish.

You can reduce the effects of this if you use the custom firmware.

Oh, I see. I don't know. But I do have some new odd channels with big numbers that I didn't have before. (Should I delete them?)

Well, it looks as though I had a retune while I was away. Please help: I don't know what to do. I have many duplicate channels but, more worryingly, some of my channels won't work. Film 4, for example (15) now says it's scrambled or not broadcasting. It was fine before. I'm quite new to all this. Do I have to retune now?

Thankyou. I certainly intend to use the custom firmware but I'm getting used to the machine first.
I think you misunderstand. The Things Every... topic is for non-customised (but obviously the same information applies to customised too), and only references out to the customisations to inform of the existence of alternative solutions. You can, without using the custom firmware, perform manual tuning to prevent multiple regions being tuned, and guard against automatic retunes (and therefore loss of recording schedule).

It is important not to have multiple regions tuned, particularly if using AR (Accurate Recording). Following the links within enables you to check which channels you need to tune for the manual process.

I have merged both of trevor's threads as they seem to relate to the same issue.

Trevor has not said which transmitter he receives from, this would probably help to confirm whether his problem was down to a 4G clearance retune event.

As far as I can tell, there has not been a recent retune event for the Malvern transmitter.

Well, I retuned automatically in the first instance. It seemed to fix things. There are a few "unknown" channels but the duplicates have gone and the channels all seem to be functioning.

Many thanks, this forum is so supportive.

Back