Retune loses schedules?

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is it normal to lose your schedules as a result of a retune?

I use the CF, so I was able to restore the schedules, but what if you don't use the CF?

Yes it is normal and something people are complaining about all the time, you also lose your favourites lists if you have any. But as you say the problem is solved with the Custom Firmware. It has also been reported that Ver. 1.02.27 will run an auto re-tune when it likes, which even more annoying

what do people do without the custom firmware? write their schedules down before retuning? I guess retunes don't occur too often, so maybe they live with it. Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of recomending the HUMAX to my parents, but not the Custom Firmware as they don't have a network.

You can still put the Custom Firmware onto your parent's Humax Via USB, see the WiKi page HERE, they would not even be aware it was there if you didn't want them use it

but without a network connection to a PC, they wouldn't be able to restore their schedules would they?

Not sure its a big problem though. Retunes don't happen very often, and I can't imagine they would have too much in their schedule. I was just curious really.

I'm just finding my way around the HUMAX and the Custom Firmware. Very pleased so far! Going to experiment with some more packages soon!

but without a network connection to a PC, they wouldn't be able to restore their schedules would they?

Yes, Once the Custom Firmware is installed, the Web-If places the schedule and favorites into backup files on the Humax Hard Disc drive, you could retrieve the backup files via the web-if with a laptop temporarily connected to the Humax LAN connector

I use the CF, so I was able to restore the schedules, but what if you don't use the CF?

That would have been Schedule Backup v0.1 (remember to use phone or digital camera to photograph the schedule list before re-tune then enter it back in again yourself afterwards!!). Aah the dark old days before the CF - only 4 channels, they all switched off for the afternoon and ended the night with a rousing rendition of the National Anthem at midnight:)

Radio? You had a radio??? That was luxury. We had to balance the cat on a piece of coal and make do with the tinny wailing it produced.

4 channels? You were lucky!
I originally put 3 but changed it for some reason - I can remember the arrival of channel 4 bursting into life after school one day with Countdown!! What an intro! And later their genius moment of putting a little triangle in the corner of the screen if there was something worth watching about to appear :nudge: :nudge: ;) ;)!!!!!!!

Well it was a cat's whisker set and we sat watching Dad listening, because we only had one set of earphones.
If that didn't work we held glasses against nextdoor's wall and listened to their budgie.

Radio? You had a radio??? You were lucky. We had to balance the cat on a piece of coal and make do with the tinny wailing it produced.
You had a cat AND coal to spare!! And you thought we was lucky!! Blimey we could only afford to gather round the candle on even numbered days and birthdays (or at least until the guest of honour blew it out and wished for another candle!!)

Back