Retuning humax HDR-1100S without reset?

Geraldo

Can someone tell me how it is possible to retune my humax HDR-1100S box without performing a factory reset. I have been through the menus but cannot find anything. Are there hidden menus that I don't know about?
TIA

Can someone tell me how it is possible to retune my humax HDR-1100S box without performing a factory reset. I have been through the menus but cannot find anything. Are there hidden menus that I don't know about?
As a matter of interest, why do you want to retune? My understanding is that the Freesat boxes automatically pick up changes to channels.

Are there hidden menus that I don't know about?
Possibly.
From the MyHumax forum:
grumpybrush - 5 mnths ago https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-bbc-regional-channel-wont-record-on-hdr-1100s said:
I had a similar situation with my HDR 1100S. Scoured the manual & there was reference to Channel search but no instructions. I had recordings I wanted to keep & I knew that the reset would remove them & the device would be set to the status out of the box & a new setup process would start. I contacted Freesat & was given the instructions to go into settings & at the display of the 6 panels/pages to use the right directional arrows with 3 presses. This reveals a "new" panel for Freesat channel search & this did the trick. Shame it wasn't documented & wonder if this feature has been added over the air at some point.

As a matter of interest, why do you want to retune? My understanding is that the Freesat boxes automatically pick up changes to channels.
From my experience, this is not always the case. When the BBC changed their HD broadcast criteria for local stations the change was not reflected automatically. I had to do a manual retune which I did via factory reset. Of course I had to set everything up again and lost all my scheduled recordings. In this instance I have mysteriously suddenly lost sound on all the BBC radio stations. Having tried everything else in vain, I am wondering whether a retune might fix the issue.

Back