Rewind live TV has stopped working

rew45

I can no longer rewind/pause live TV, although no other programs are being recorded. I have tried re-booting and applying default settings, to no avail. There is 25% HDD free. I can only think of reformatting, any other suggestions? Also, is the disk layout similar to the 9200, can I use Humaxrw to save some of the recordings (by removing the disk and using a SATA to USB adapter) ?

I can no longer rewind/pause live TV, although no other programs are being recorded. I have tried re-booting and applying default settings, to no avail.
Most likely explanation is that the buffers used for live TV have become corrupt.
There is 25% HDD free. I can only think of reformatting, any other suggestions? Also, is the disk layout similar to the 9200, can I use Humaxrw to save some of the recordings (by removing the disk and using a SATA to USB adapter) ?
The latest available version of humaxrw can be used with the 9150/9300 although there have been several reports of problems restoring information to the disk. However more interestingly humaxrw has a special (undocumented last time I checked) option to fix exactly this problem. Try

humaxrw x: -D

where x is the drive number

This deletes the corrupt buffers which will be recreated when the Humax boots up. Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks, I will try humaxrw and report back. It might take a while, as my Hong Kong ebay SATA to USB adapter is bit flakey, and I may have to shell out for a proper one.

It worked! I can access the disk with my cheapo adapter, and the humaxrw -D flag did the trick. Rewinding live TV now works, so hopefully I have earned brownie points with the User. Many thanks again, ML

Back