RF input problem

autolycus

Having sorted a firmware problem with the kind help of forum members, it seems that there is a problem with my RF input. The i/o 'module' seems to be solidly soldered to the main board, but there is a slight movement at the input socket. I've tried it with different leads in different locations and it does seem that the problem is with the box. With HD Fox T2s going for around £20 on ebay, i imagine that it's not viable to have this box repaired, unless anyone has any ideas?

That sounds like the RF input socket has been broken off the tuner. Wouldn't be the first time it's been reported and I've had to fix it on a Sony high-end VHF tuner.

Easy enough to fix if you know your way round a soldering iron but then not everyone is.

By 'tuner' i assume you mean what i called the i/o module: the small metal box with the in/out RF ports soldered to the main circuit board?

Yes, that's the tuner module, in a metal can to screen it from interference (and vice versa).

Bearing in mind how old this model is, do you think i would be wiser to look for a more recent model? I'd probably go secondhand because it really is just a 'front end', but all the newer humax boxes seem to incorporate a recorder. Any thoughts?

Back