RF Loopthrough and Web Browser

GordonH

I’m trialling my son-in-law’s HDR Freeview+ HD and am impressed so far…. It is connected to my Samsung Smart TV (Freeview).
But, being a numbskull and with an aversion to manuals, there are a couple of simple questions I can’t find an answer to:
1. I have the aerial looped through the Humax box to the TV, so I can occasionally use some of the apps on the Samsung TV that are not on the Humax (yes, unbelievable but true!). The TV complains there is no aerial signal if the Humax is on standby – The HDR has to be active (blue light) for the TV to get a signal. Am I missing a trick?

2. The Samsung TV has a web browser – albeit rather pathetic, but it does allow me to do Google searches, etc. Why does the Humax not have a web browser? Will one be included soon with an upgrade? And while I’m on the subject of ‘tInternet – does anyone know whether any HDR can get ITV Player?

1. Turn off power saving in standby.

MENU > Settings > System > Power Management > Power Saving in Standby

2. And while I’m on the subject of ‘tInternet – does anyone know whether any HDR can get ITV Player?
The FOXSAT-HDR (satellite not Freeview) has ITV Player I believe. I would expect the Humax Youview box DTR T-1000 (due later this year) will have access to a much wider range of players.

I’m trialling my son-in-law’s HDR Freeview+ HD and am impressed so far…. It is connected to my Samsung Smart TV (Freeview).
But, being a numbskull and with an aversion to manuals, there are a couple of simple questions I can’t find an answer to:
1.I have the aerial looped through the Humax box to the TV, so I can occasionally use some of the apps on the Samsung TV that are not on the Humax (yes, unbelievable but true!). The TV complains there is no aerial signal if the Humax is on standby – The HDR has to be active (blue light) for the TV to get a signal. Am I missing a trick?

2.The Samsung TV has a web browser – albeit rather pathetic, but it does allow me to do Google searches, etc. Why does the Humax not have a web browser? Will one be included soon with an upgrade? And while I’m on the subject of ‘tInternet – does anyone know whether any HDR can get ITV Player?

Thanks Brian - I suppose that was a classic example of RTFM!
Any comment on Q no. 2?

No, no web browser nor any expectation of having one. You wouldn't want it with the processing power available!

Back