RIP to motors tv on HDR T2...

Very sad to see i can no longer receive it on channel 240 after the latest retune. I love my T2 not to mention the custom firmware which is amazing but feel i may grudgingly have to buy a humax youview box to start getting the channels im missing.

I've really enjoyed having Motors TV on my T2 for the last year or so and pretty disappointed it's now gone. I've considered getting something that supports channel 240 but as you can't record it and I time shift most of my viewing it really isn't going help me much. Instead I've been looking for a catch-up player or website that I can hopefully use with Chromecast but been unsuccessful so far. :(

Very sad to see i can no longer receive it on channel 240 after the latest retune. I love my T2 not to mention the custom firmware which is amazing but feel i may grudgingly have to buy a humax youview box to start getting the channels im missing.
I'm surprised that Freeview 240 was ever viewable on the HDR-Fox T2, I haven't tried that particular one but I have found that most of the 200's (IP services) have always displayed 'Your device is not compatible with this service'

I get it on 240 on my Samsung and both EE boxes, but it's streamed. On my old Sony, (not smart) I get the same as EP. Just been watching a bit of tractor pulling. But no lcn 71 on anything.

I'm still getting LCN 71 on my HDR-Fox T2 after a re-scan 10 minutes ago (Sutton Coldfield transmitter), but it only displays a message saying use 240, I would have expected LCN 71 to have been removed from the list

No LCN 71 on my T2. (Hastings Tx: Heathfield main) I wonder what happens after a retune. But as I'm not interested in a channel that it can't display anyway, I can't be assed.

For those who haven't followed all this: Motors TV used to be a streamed service (ie a suitable receiver box could use the broadcast EPG data to access the data stream via an Internet connection), then moved to a full Freeview service (on a minor mux), and has now retreated back to being a streamed service.

The HDR-FOX is not capable of accessing streamed services (typically LCN 200-299), and used to crash if you tried.

For those who haven't followed all this: Motors TV used to be a streamed service (ie a suitable receiver box could use the broadcast EPG data to access the data stream via an Internet connection), then moved to a full Freeview service (on a minor mux), and has now retreated back to being a streamed service.

The HDR-FOX is not capable of accessing streamed services (typically LCN 200-299), and used to crash if you tried.
Motors TV has always been a streamed service, the temporary move to a full Freeview service was in addition to the streamed service.

Back