Root directory runtime error

Jez

I've been having the problem of not being able to access the root directory of 'drive 1' in the webif media browser after erasing a file, or moving files from the nicesplice-magic-folders. I get a Runtime Error reading:

Runtime Error: browse.jim:305: could not read "/media/drive1/My Music": No such file or directory in procedure 's_time' called at file "browse.jim", line 315 at file "browse.jim", line 305

Unlike the 'My Video' folder, which seems to be created when installing the modified software, there doesn't seem to be a 'My Music' folder after the initial install, and the Webif browser will run OK without it until I start moving or deleting files.
I've done a complete reinstall of all the packages I've been using a number of times, and initially this corrects the problem. But as soon as I start to move or delete files, either via remote on the box itself or using the browser, the problem reoccurs.

Any ideas - or do you need anymore info?

All the best... Jez

I have the same problem on the HD Fox T2. I pulled the recordings off, reformatted the USB HDD, and that cured the problem for a short while only. A fix to this problem would be welcome.

In Webif using "Browse" takes you straight to "/media/drive1/video/" which produces a listing of the files and folders in "video". Choose "[parent directory]" or "drive1" produces the error message
"Runtime Error: browse.jim:305: could not read "/media/drive1/My Music": No such file or directory in procedure 's_time' called at file "browse.jim", line 315 at file "browse.jim", line 305"
Selecting "media" gives a choice of folders "drive1" and "virtual". Selecting "drive1" produces the error message, whereas selecting "virtual" lists the files and folders in "virtual".

Rogerh

That's definitely a bug in the web interface which I'll fix.
Thanks.
And thanks to everyone working on the modified software - it's been something of a revelation discovering what's actually hidden inside the HD Fox T2.

Jez :)

Try upgrading webif to version 0.9.13-2 and see if that fixes it.
I can confirm that the problem is resolved. After attempting a number of copy, move, cut and delete operations to and from various folders the 'drive 1' root directory remains accessible from the Webif media browser.

Many thanks.

:cool:

...but watch out for the rename bug (don't try it until af rolls out a fix tonight)!
Read your post, went to update the Webif install only to find the auto package updater had beaten me to it.
Thanks for the heads up anyway - I wasn't aware of the renaming bug, but at least I can confirm the auto updater works fine.

:D

Back