[rs] Advanced automatic schedule rules (public beta test)

I took that away once I finished the edit button on each rule. I can add it back if it's useful. (Note that it only allows viewing the file)

No, that's fine. If it had been read-write, I might have chosen to make some changes there, but if not I don't need it - thanks!

Either I've misunderstood how Duplicate is supposed to work, or there's a problem...
  • pick a rule, and click on its Duplicate icon; it creates a new rule "blah (copy)"
  • edit that copy, to put in your new desired text, and rename it
  • save changes
  • the old rule, i.e. the one you pressed Duplicate on, appears to be deleted. the new copy remains.

Is it possible to have more than one action rule?
I may want "Email matching series" and "Schedule matching event" for example.

Is it possible to have more than one action rule?
I may want "Email matching series" and "Schedule matching event" for example.
I haven't played with the New rules but I have always had an email when RS has scheduled something

Last edited:
So "Schedule matching..." is actually "Schedule and email matching..." then. Seems a bit odd to me.

Is it possible to match for the string +1 without the + being taken as an AND operation,
I would like to exclude HD and +1 channels from my searches and while I have successfully excluded the HD channels it is still including +1, (I have tried with and without quotes)
Solved by escaping \+1
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 05062016 210436.jpg

Also could the Matching events view be made a sortable table - the current order is not obvious and not very useful
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 05062016 210159.jpg

Can the advanced rules be Reset? The Refresh rule button doesn't appear to remove the last notification date (what does it do?)

Last edited:
Is it possible to match for the string +1 without the + being taken as an AND operation,
I would like to exclude HD and +1 channels from my searches and while I have successfully excluded the HD channels it is still including +1, (I have tried with and without quotes)
Try *+1* (or just *+1 I suppose)

Also could the Matching events view be made a sortable table - the current order is not obvious and not very useful
Yes, I'll do that. I think it is currently sorted by broadcast time but maybe not..

Can the advanced rules be Reset? The Refresh rule button doesn't appear to remove the last notification date (what does it do?)
It is supposed to remove the history for all matches that were previously recorded against that rule so that you will be told about them again.

Try *+1* (or just *+1 I suppose)
Got it to work with escaping \+1
Yes, I'll do that. I think it is currently sorted by broadcast time but maybe not..
Thanks, In my example a Monday entry occurs after Tuesday
It is supposed to remove the history for all matches that were previously recorded against that rule so that you will be told about them again.
It was previously a standard rule that I converted in case that makes a difference

It was previously a standard rule that I converted in case that makes a difference
Fixed, rule reset/refresh wasn't working at all in advanced view. Thanks for letting me know. Sorting is also there now.
Time to make this the default for everyone I think.

Last edited:
Will this be able to perform a feature I am looking for.

I find a number of series do not continue to record the next series when they end.

Can this be used to search the scheduled series you are watching and if it has reached its last episode and email you a reminder to set the schedule or automatically do it for you, for episode 1 in the next series. While making sure it does not record out of sequence i.e. due to conflicts we might be watching a series a couple of days later even when on the same channel newer episodes are played on the same day.

I have no idea how this would be done so any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks

I find a number of series do not continue to record the next series when they end.
As standard: a new series is only recognised as an extension of an existing recording schedule if (1) it is broadcast with the same S-CRID, and (2) the new broadcast occurs within three months of the last recorded episode.

The most reliable method for picking up new instances that you (but not the broadcasters, deliberately or by mistake) consider related is to set up a persistent text-matching search in RS (see the Auto section of the RS web site).

Personally I wouldn't advocate making this an automated extraction from the user's existing series reservations - what would you key it on? The S-CRID is likely to change, and the exact name of a programme within a series frequently changes in the existing series run, never mind between series!

For more info about CRID, see Glossary (click).

Back