[RS] Auto-Scheduler

marsha11

Auto-Scheduler failed to detect Homeland on Channel 4 tomorrow. Last match was on 2015-10-04 so I assume it is setup correctly.

...so I assume it is setup correctly.
Don't assume, check! Go into your RS auto settings and list the matches for that particular search term. If it doesn't list the one you think you should have had, there must be something wrong with the search. If it does, the scheduling or email system needs looking at to find the glitch.

Black Hole
Thanks for the suggestions. The search finds a match ...
U55LBCJ.png

I know the email system works OK as I received notification of series scheduling of Marcella which starts tomorrow. I would be grateful for any more assistance.

Where's the match? That image shows the last match was 2015, and it looks to me like the persistent search is failing to detect the new series. Click the "more" button and check for matches.

Black Hole
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction . Yes it finds next Sunday's episode but that doesn't explain why tonight's episode wasn't detected last Monday.
Thanks again.

I agree.

As a "schedule series" event, what it should do is set the series reservation to be queued for your HDR to pick it up when it checks in, and then add to its schedule at next boot (unless you have RTS enabled, which sidesteps the need for a reboot). You should also receive an email to tell you it's happened.

If you select "reset matched events" (on the "more" button), RS should repeat whatever action it thought it took before. Otherwise a series event will only be acted on once for the series. If you force a repeat but it still doesn't happen, af123 will need to look into it at the server end.

These things also depend on your HDR checking in regularly - the RS web page shows you the last time it checked in.

Back