RS Conflict checker wrong...?

tolksee

Sometimes I get "RS COnflict Checker" emails, but there is no conflict. For example I recieved this one today:

"Conflicts have been detected in your recording schedule on humax.
The following events conflict:

4 Channel 4 HD Sat 14/12/13 21:00 - 22:55: Psychopath Night
3 ITV HD Sat 14/12/13 20:00 - 22:05: The X Factor
4 Channel 4 HD Mon 09/12/13 22:00 - 22:50: Fresh Meat
1 BBC ONE HD Mon 09/12/13 22:35 - 23:20: Have I Got a Bit More News for You"

Are there any known issues in this area??

Are there any known issues in this area??
There are in that it can generate false positives. The algorithm isn't perfect. I do plan to revisit it at some point but haven't had the time yet...

Could you post or send me the unique ID of your box as reported by RS and I'll see if I can work put what's going wrong in this case.

That is the MAC address rather than the unique ID, although I don't think there much of a security risk myself, users are encouraged not to publish their MAC addresses

Thanks af123. Device as follows:

humax - HDR - dc:d3:21:ab:1d:de
That is your MAC Address. Your unique ID (Unique Identifier) can be found the settings page of the Remote Scheduling website.

In these cases, the system is warning of a potential conflict that could occur if one programme overruns slightly or another begins early (you're using AR):

conflict1.png

Here the problem could occur at 22:50. If Fresh Meat overruns slightly then if you are in front of the box you will see a pop-up message asking you to choose which two programmes to record. If you aren't there then I think you could lose the start of Cardinal Burns (I'm sure someone will correct me if that isn't right!)
conflict2.png

and here the potential issue is at 22:05 - should the X Factor overrun or Jonathan Ross start early.

I appreciate that it is being slightly over-zealous here!

But still better than no warning. Perhaps the email should be toned down to "Potential conflict detected" rather than "Conflict detected".

Hi all,

FYI, unique ID is: d9213934

I agree it would be nice to differentiate between a "Potential for Conflict" warning rather than an actual Conflict Detected warning.

Cheers for the clarification so far.

Back