1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS: Donate with PayPal

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by makem, Feb 13, 2012.

1. makem

makem Member

I was going to make a donation but was surprised to see that I must enter my email address and PayPal password on the RS site.

Sorry, I cannot do that. The only place I enter my password is on the PayPal web site.

2. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Clicking the button should take you to the Paypal site. RS won't ask you for your paypal credentials!
    Paypal does pull in the banner at the top from the RS site but it's definitely Paypal.

3. makem

makem Member

Ok thanks, but Ebay for example takes you to the PayPal login web page which is recognizable as such.

4. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

5. Dan

Dan Member

I did it a while ago with zero problems.

6. makem

makem Member

I am sure it is ok and above board. However the page is totally different to the one I use most which is the main PayPal login page. As far as I can remember, whenever I pay by PayPal I am always directed to the same main page. It just threw me when I saw this unusual page.

7. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

What do you see if you follow the donate link from hummy.tv?

8. makem

makem Member

Attached: what I see and what I normally see.

Edit: I used the link from:

http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/

I just checked the link from hummy.tv and it also is different to the one I expect.

Attached Files:

9. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

You need to blank out your email address better, it appears to be in view in the screen captures. If indeed, it is your 'real' email address.

Elementary, my dear W*****N.

10. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

Very good! Too many letters though. ;)

11. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

If I made it too obvious, I would have been compounding the issue.

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. ;)

12. jack616

jack616 Member

Paypal have a habit of changing how things look pretty frequently.
    Presumably its a good way to deter bot attacks.

I didnt notice the donate button before - perhaps if it was copied to the top of the forum sections
    it may encourage a few more donations?