RS EPG - Colour coding

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
On one of my scheduled series recordings I have a blue background for today but an orange background for tomorrow through to Sunday. The schedule does not show tomorrow to Sundays recordings but the EPG shows the colours as above.
Is there any documentation to explain what these colours mean ? and would it be a good idea to put a key at the bottom of the epg display explaining these colours ?

The key showing what the colours mean is on the Visual tab. Click on 'Visual' near the top of the screen and it will show the schedule in visual form with what the colours mean below that.

and would it be a good idea to put a key at the bottom of the epg display explaining these colours ?
Agree. It needs to be on the EPG page and not just on visual

Usually the programmes are in red/orange when the programme will not be recorded either because you have already recorded it or marked it for skipping however I have sometimes seen it displayed incorrectly when a programme is on the schedule.

If you don't think the entries should be skipped try using the 'Refresh events' option for the series under More on the Schedule or Visual displays

I tried the 'Refresh events' earlier today but to no avail.
However, after completing the recording tonight, the schedule has 'caught up' (?) and South Today is fully populated for the next week in both RS and WebIf.
Strange or what ?

I tried the 'Refresh events' earlier today but to no avail.
However, after completing the recording tonight, the schedule has 'caught up' (?) and South Today is fully populated for the next week in both RS and WebIf.
Strange or what ?
It is normal for the Hummy to update the schedule after a recording completes,
South Today is an oddity because it doesn't have unique episode crids so you cant mark individual episodes for skipping.
I often see next weeks (eg next Sunday) episode in orange before it catches up but it is not usual to see more than one episode

Back