RS EPG problem

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
The RS EPG for Wednesday does not show Vintage TV, BBC 1 HD or BBC 2 HD. WebIf is fine.
I noticed it yesterday but it has not resolved itself today. I have tried rs/sync which ran okay but did not resolve.
Screen shots attached...
RS EPG.jpg WebIf EPG.jpg

Last edited:
For what it is worth; my RS is correct for BBC 1 HD & BBC 2 HD for the time that you show and through to the end of the 7 day period.
I am on the Mendip transmitter = BBC West.

Thanks for the response - looks like it might be me/my setup. May be it is Vintage TV that is causing my problem but not worth sweating over.

A couple of oddities in the RS EPG display that do not appear in the Webif EPG

For tonights display several channels show no programmes after midnight

hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 16122016 200751.jpg

there is no BBC1 schedule data until the 21:55 news on Saturday which leads to to very extended display for the news
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 16122016 200829.jpg
BBC2 schedule data resumes at 06:50, Channel 4 at 09:00 and Channel 5 at 13:05 Saturday

I have gaps on initial view of EPG but it displays correctly if I switch to grid style.

fab6dcad033d7093d59e39e927bb78fe.jpg

44740f996eebfde570b0646c3a234cbc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just realised that the original EPG view doesn't show programmes if they start after midnight which is where the gray parts of the EPG display are.

My RS has missing data for the start of Wednesday, which has a rather odd effect on "The Big Life Fix" (the WebIf is fully populated and correct).
With a "Jump to" start time before 4PM, BBC2HD is completely missing, 4PM on show "The Big Life Fix" running from 16:00 to 22:00epg.png

Last edited:
If frequently get missing chunks of EPG, but an EPG reset from the maintenance mode menu sorts it out.

If frequently get missing chunks of EPG, but an EPG reset from the maintenance mode menu sorts it out.
The problem being discussed on this thread is gaps in the RS EPG but no gaps in the Webif EPG and where the RS is in recent contact with the Humax box.

I am wondering if the problem is somehow related to the recent fix to avoid multiple simultaneous programmes in the now-next RS EPG view.

Perhaps if the Humax contacts RS shortly after reboot there are gaps in the webif EPG and when they later resolve themselves the EPG updates are not being reflected on the server.

I've got some errors about limits being exceeded in the server log. I've increased those and triggered a full EPG refresh. Can somebody with this problem do another EPG push and see if it's fixed please?
(diag rs/epgpush)

I've still got the gaps but only in certain views, I can reproduce as follows:

Logged in to rs
Click on "EPG" search button to the right of "home" at top of screen
Click on "guide" in pop up box

I've done an " rs push" from the command line but still get the gaps

4cef3caa1c0c20cd4426a8e3c444e0fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An rs push doesn't send the EPG data, try:

rs epg offer

Have done rs epg offer which executed without errors.

Problem remains - gray boxes in exactly the same places but only when viewed using the sequence of commands I listed. In grid view and on initial login to rs there are no grey gaps.

The EPG data all seems to be there just not displaying everything in that specific view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gaps appear when a programme in the first column is long

I think this is may be by design

E.g. At 10:30am today on now shows programmes on now
On next shows programmes on at 11am but is grey if the programme on now continues beyond 11am
On later shows programmes on at 12:00 noon but again is blank if the previous programme runs on beyond that time.

After turning on Humax (and without needing to do a manual Push) I now appear to have complete RS EPG until midnight next Saturday :D
Soon be able to add the Christmas specials to the schedule!

My Wednesday EPG is now correctly populated for the whole day and the odd behaviour has gone for "The Big Life Fix".

Back