rs.log Error encountered, >>> Unregistered device.

antb

Hi everyone, bought a HDR-FOX T2 after upgrading from a Topfield TF5800 - sad to see it go after around 8 years of service, but wanted something that can record in HD.

I installed the Custom Firmware following instructions on here, but I've noticed on the Diagnostics page that the rs.log has the following entry in it:

Error encountered, >>> Unregistered device.
This is repeated many times - presumably because the file is getting appended each time the Humax boots up?

I've searched for this on the forum and can't find anything about it - so I'm wondering if this is anything to be concerned about? There's nothing else plugged into the box apart from the TV (via HDMI) and my router (via Ethernet).

Firmware details are below.

Thanks for your help,
Anthony.

Web interface version: 0.9.13-4
Custom firmware version: 2.12
Humax Version: 1.02.29

I would log into the RS server and see if it performs as you would expect, I have had this in my RS log occasionally with no noticable change in RS performance but as the entries are not time stamped I can't say how long ago it was

I agree with Ezra, I have this error in my RS log, and my devices are registered. The Remote Scheduling service works OK for me, so I'm not too bothered about it. Perhaps af123 will be able to explain what this error actually means.

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. I hadn't made the connection that the rs in rs.log was Remote Scheduling. Although I hadn't actively installed the package, I seemingly got it "for free" with multimode. Have registered now.

Thanks!

Strange - multimode shouldn't have needed to pull rs in... I'll have a look this evening.

I've correct the dependency in multimode now. It should have been dependent on the rsvsync package (which did used to be part of the rs package until it was split out).

Thanks for the report.

I've had a similar problem to this. I just noticed that the last time my Hummy was seen by the RS facility was on the 24th (based on the log on the recent activity information on the RS web page).

I checked the rs.log and is shows this...
Code:
>>> Contents of /mod/tmp/rs.log 5.35 KiB
Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/rsv.class:278: database schema has changed
in procedure 'require' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 5
at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup", line 7
in procedure 'rsv' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/epg.class", line 25
at file "/mod/webif/lib/rsv.class", line 278
Processing command 'schedule '
*Schedule 4288/64371/1/7/BBC THREE/1347904800/Top Gear
*LCN suggests service 4288.
_Found event - Top Gear
_Successfully scheduled event (with padding).
Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Updating...
On further investigation I can see the the 'rs' package is no longer installed on my machine. It definitely was before and I absolutely haven't removed it.
I have a 'opkg list-installed' capture from before/after and the only changes between the two in addition to the 'rs' package disappearing are as follows:
Code:
multimode - 0.0.1 changed to multimode - 0.0.1-1
webif - 0.9.13-4 changed to webif - 0.9.13-6
webif-channelicons - 1.0.2 changed to webif-channelicons - 1.0.3

I've reinstalled the 'rs' package and I'm back to normal.

If RS was originally automatically installed along with multimode to satisfy a dependency, then it's possible that it was automatically removed during the multimode update. Not something I predicted though!

If RS was originally automatically installed along with multimode to satisfy a dependency, then it's possible that it was automatically removed during the multimode update. Not something I predicted though!
Hmm, I'm 99% sure I installed RS separately.

Back