RS - no registration email

Matthew Shaw

Hello all
I'm still SO impressed by this community and raydon's web interface etc. Just amazing! So many thanks for years and years of enjoyment.

I've just installed (goodness knows why I've only just done it and not before!) the RS (remote scheduling) on my:
Humax Foxsat HDR with custom firmware

Custom Firmware :v 4.1.3
Web Interface :v 2.89

However I've not received any registration email (its a hotmail.com account and its not in my junk either).
So the problem is I can not login to the Remote Scheduling Web Server to do any Remote Scheduling!
I've even tried to perform a password reset where pwreset.html says "Successful - please check your email for further instructions." but no email arrives.

I have though received an email from the RS server:
Sent: 20 September 2020 07:23
To: Hummypkg User <******@hotmail.com>
Subject:RS Failed / Foxsat-HDR (TV - *************)

Device: Foxsat-HDR (TV - *************)
At least one failed recording has been detected in your
media library. The following recording(s) failed:

/ Library/Ballet/The Royal Ballet in The Nutcracker_20111223_1910.ts
/ Library/Ballet/Darcey Bussell's Ten Best____20091127_2001.ts
/ Library/Adult TV/British History Biggest Fibs/British History's Biggest Fibs____20170126_2102.ts
/ Library/Adult Films/Gosford Park.ts
/ Library/Family TV/Open All Hours/s4 4of6 Errand Boy Executi
ve

My web_if plugin settings show:

Registration StatusActive
Custom Visible Channel Count179
Default Channel Count179
BBC Region South/510

And the push show:

Push Channels to RS Server
Sending channel information to remote server.

Already up-to-date.

Pushed channels: 179 channels, 3 favourite groups, 26 favourites

I wonder what might be wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions?
I've also noticed the "No. of Satellite Feeds" and "Max. Running Recordings", whilst I can set them to be '2', they value isn't remembered when I reload the settings page.

My HDD is 2TB. I use a UPS Power Supply to help prevent hard drive faults due to power cuts etc, as my old HDD died because of that I think.
I've just installed the 'nowsters' patch (very cool!) settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk. I installed this as I came across it in these forums trying to resolve my RS package problem.
In the Package Management - Available Packages I do NOT see the 'Sweeper' or 'Diagnostic_Utilities' package. I can't find in this forum if these should be available for my Humax Foxsat HDR model or not. I thought I'd mention it as it might be a clue to something not being quite right.

So many thanks for any suggestions
Matthew

Last edited:
However I've not received any registration email (its a hotmail.com account and its not in my junk either).
So the problem is I can not login to the Remote Scheduling Web Server to do any Remote Scheduling!
I've even tried to perform a password reset where pwreset.html says "Successful - please check your email for further instructions." but no email arrives.

I have though received an email from the RS server:
This is not uncommon - things seem to take time when first registered. @MofTot might be able to sort it out for you.

No response either from the remote scheduling registration process which was recently done to complete a custom firmware install on a friend's Humax HDR Fox T2, sent numerous reset password requests, double-checked the email used by sending test emails to and from other email accounts

Is this an ongoing issue or is there a set wait time

Is this an ongoing issue
The ongoing issue (as surely you must have realised by now) is that Our Great Leader and System Admin has not given it any attention for several months, apparently due to being indisposed.

MofTot does stuff for Foxsat.

as surely you must have realised by now
Actually, you are wrong, assuming something of others can sometimes lead to the wrong assumption

I was of the opinion that due to the wording following entering the email address in the rs package for the first time, that it was an automated response email, then when no email arrived over the weekend, thought it was a manual process that only happened during working hours, then when no email arrived during Monday morning, thought there might be a backlog or a system issue or it was actually done by an individual

Tend not to assume any more as if you split the word up into a three, one, and two, you get a different interpretation

I've also noticed the "No. of Satellite Feeds" and "Max. Running Recordings", whilst I can set them to be '2', they value isn't remembered when I reload the settings page.
Did you click on the associated [Set] button after you changed the value of any of these settings? You need to do this for each setting you change.

Then wait a few seconds for the setting to be saved to the RS configuration database before refreshing the page. The Foxsat-HDR HW is slow.

Did you click on the associated [Set] button after you changed the value of any of these settings? You need to do this for each setting you change.

Then wait a few seconds for the setting to be saved to the RS configuration database before refreshing the page. The Foxsat-HDR HW is slow.
Many thanks.

I've just repeated the steps and its remembered it this time. Perhaps I was inpatient last time!
Anyway it seems fine now... Not sure what the problem was.

Thank you again, Matthew

The ongoing issue (as surely you must have realised by now) is that Our Great Leader and System Admin has not given it any attention for several months, apparently due to being indisposed.

MofTot does stuff for Foxsat.
Many thanks, good to know.
I hope everyone is healthy.
Thanks again and for letting me know I need to wait quite a bit longer.

Back