RS Portal giving (many!!) multiple matches

OldGit

Got an e-mail from RS portal this morning. Seems like Auto schedule has found very many (hundreds) of matches that it thinks I want to record. Checked the Auto schedule page and found an entry that had no information in any of the criteria columns - so I guess it acted as a wild card and matched everything!

Have now removed that entry. Don't know how it got there - I did try to set up an Auto schedule entry for Gotham a couple of days ago but can't find that entry so wild card entry probably appeared then.

My problem now is how to remove the very many scheduled events from the output queue of the RS portal. As far as I can see none have actually been sent down to my Hummy box (I've disconnected from the network to prevent them being sent).

... and updated the system to abort if any auto entry matches more than 100 events.

11,889 Queued commands !!??? Crikey!:eek:

Yes I reckon that was my box - have logged into the portal and everything has cleared up now.

Many apologies to everyone for the performance hit. (hangs head in shame):oops:.

Many thanks for your help af123

Before you introduced this change, I had no problem with the emails.
I used to get about a dozen genuine notifications a day.

However, starting on the 7th, I started seeing lines like this...
Code:
[Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 +0100 / 00:00]
= Too many matching events - 133 =
and only a few real notifications

On the 9th the format changed to drop the date...
Code:
Too many matching events - 109

Today, I have just one genuine notification and 3 "Too many..." lines

Same here, I have not got ever too many events. recently I started seeing it in my emails. I have now checked the auto page to find this entry which I have not setup.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 11
I've been getting the same 'too many matching events' for the last week or so. No changes to my auto schedules and when I run each manually they work fine so I have no idea which is causing the problem.

Hmm, just a thought though. My first auto is a list of all films since 2008 which just emails the list. When I run online it returns 125 matches today. It used to be that the email would only send the new ones (for the new day in the EPG), could it be that recent changes mean it is trying to send all 125? Not that that should be a problem of course since I am not trying to auto record them.

Got an e-mail from RS portal this morning. Seems like Auto schedule has found very many (hundreds) of matches that it thinks I want to record. Checked the Auto schedule page and found an entry that had no information in any of the criteria columns - so I guess it acted as a wild card and matched everything!

Same thing here. Is af123 aware of this "new" behaviour? It definitely would help to understand how these entries added themselves to the auto rs.

Hmmm! I wonder if perhaps the behaviour being reported (e-mail reporting too many entries) is af123 modification doing precisely what it is intended to do i.e. catch the situation where there are too many matches.

But maybe there is an underlying fault, one that produces too many entries in the first place?

When I originally reported the problem I didn't *think* I had created such a greedy wild card match on screen, but when I submitted the form to the portal it displayed an entry in the auto page with no match restrictions.

Back