[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the RS community for alerting me to Hunted and Red Dwarf X!
When several hundred people simultaneously set something to record it makes me look at it : )

In case you don't already know, the current top 10 most recorded programmes are shown at the top right of the main screen and clicking on the down arrow at the bottom takes you to a screen with the top 100 on it. I generally have a skim read through it each week.

For some reason, although I'm getting the correct regional channel names, I'm getting the wrong regional schedule. E.g. BBC Look North showing on BBC One Wales.

No idea what's happened, I thought the EPG was uploaded from my HDR, and the schedules are fine there. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

For some reason, although I'm getting the correct regional channel names, I'm getting the wrong regional schedule. E.g. BBC Look North showing on BBC One Wales.

No idea what's happened, I thought the EPG was uploaded from my HDR, and the schedules are fine there. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

The RS EPG gets loaded from af123's region.

As a newbie to custom firmware and RS you'll have to forgive my stupid question:

If the RS EPG comes from af123's region, how do you RS a recording of a program that isn't being shown in af123's region? I'm not concerned with minor regional variations such as local news, more with local current affairs programs not shown elsewhere.

Might it be possible to extract appropriately regionalised EPG data from a Freesat EPG instead of being restricted to one region?

As far as I know the interface between the Humax and the RS patches everything up by a recognition algorithm, similar to the way schedules get restored from back-up complete with modifications required to make it work in the restored (probably retuned) environment. I don't know what would happen if you wanted to set a regional programme to record via the RS though, I guess you just couldn't do it.

I think all you could do is set to record the program that is in the timeslot your program occupies - the RS wizardry then works out what to record in your own EPG when it gets there. Unfortunately you won't know what your local version is planning to cover but at least you will be able to find out when you watch your recording!!!

I think all you could do is set to record the program that is in the timeslot your program occupies - the RS wizardry then works out what to record in your own EPG when it gets there. Unfortunately you won't know what your local version is planning to cover but at least you will be able to find out when you watch your recording!!!
Yes, that should work. I did have a plan to have boxes donate portions of their EPG to the RS site automatically so that you saw the right things but never got around to implementing it.

Yes, that should work. I did have a plan to have boxes donate portions of their EPG to the RS site automatically so that you saw the right things but never got around to implementing it.

I have found that a programme that's scheduled from your region's EPG adjusts appropriately to the same programme at a slightly different time in my region (as tried recently with BBC2 England vs. BBC2 NI), so I suspect that the translation to my desired local programme on my region will only work if the one occupying the timeslot I've chosen on your region isn't broadcast in my region.

Could a remote schedule be set up by manually inputting the CRID or series CRID somehow?

I've updated the RS site following today's retune event. Your boxes will catch up overnight or you can run the chanpush diagnostic to do it early.

I had an auto rule just with "star trek" in the name box and it worked fine sending me daily emails with the pick tv entries, which I don't want. I thought to change the rule to this "star trek -next" . When checking events it found no results. Then I removed the -next part and checked for events and it found no results when it should have found all the pick tv stuff. Something appears not to be working properly. Can someone replicate this?

Are you sure you are using 'NAME' rather than 'SYNOPSIS' ? to use -next you would have to have a entry like :- +"Star Trek" -Next
EDIT
can't explain why, but -Next didn't work but this did +"Star Trek" -"The Next Generation"

Are you sure you are using 'NAME' rather than 'SYNOPSIS' ? to use -next you would have to have a entry like :- +"star trek" -next
You're right, thanks for that and yes I'm using NAME.

However, just entering star trek (no quotes) in NAME should get lots of hits and it doesn't. Could you try it?
Correction: there was a space after trek, AAAAAgghhhhh.
However your +"star trek" -next does still bring all the pick tv stuff. What's going wrong?

I thought the RS site would only find stuff once and then not find it again (otherwise it would keep trying to schedule/email the same thing for the 7 days it appears in the EPG) - there is an option on the More menu for each line entry for your searches called 'Reset Matched Events' - try this and it should forget it's already told you about star trek and it will tell you again (I think!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back