[RS] Remote Scheduling Suggestion Box

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I can't find a suitable place for this, so have started a new topic.

I would like a separate EPG browser page for services listed in the communally-contributed EPG but which are not present in the user's EPG (services which are not tuned or have been deleted from the service list). Obviously this would have no click-through scheduling options, and warnings about these items not being available on the user's machine.

This would mean it is possible to inspect what programmes are available at the cost of a retune, and help decide whether to add them.

There is no need to delete any available TV channels, you can leave all found TV channels (107 in my case) in the TV group and then create a Favourites group that contain just the channels you are likely yo use. This way you can always return to the full TV group at any time, Also there is no re-tune required to add channels

I'm not sure why you are asking, If you want to delete channels, I can see nothing wrong with using channeldel, however if you don't want to delete channels you probably won't find a use for it

What does this have to do with the suggestion for RS? The services not present could equally be new additions.

I can see a use for this suggested RS EPG feature, but would like to have the option to be able to choose which channels would appear in the "Channels Not on my box" EPG view.

I'm aiming to set up a number of auto remote schduling of events entries for selected programmes which will be broadcast twice each. One will be broadcast inside the 21:00 - 05:30 watershed and the other is usually a cut down version before the start of the 21:00 watershed. My aim is to record the fuller version.

The "between" time on the auto remote scheduler relies on the times being on the same day, in that the interpretation of the "between" times appears to be
Start >= from_time AND Start <= to_time
As I do not know which side of midnight the events will start to be broadacst I need to set two timers for each event - one for 21:00-23:59 and the other for 00:00 - 05:00. I can't just set timers without a range as I'm fairly certain that only the first gets scheduled, but I'm not interested in the first, I'm interested in the second.

Is it possible to update the auto remote scheduler so that either
- the range can be negated e.g. do NOT match if between 05:00 and 21:00​
or
- to the interpretation of the between times also include something along the lines of​
OR (from_time > to_time AND (Start >= from_time OR Start <= to_time))
?

Sounds like you need an advanced RS auto rule - look at the advanced tab.

Screenshot 2018-10-20 21.58.08.png

or similar.. You can also edit these as a sweeper-like rule using the edit button at the top right of the rule.
This example is title {Doctor Who} or {hour {>= 21} hour {< 5} } action scheduleevents

should be ??
Nope.

or {...} means any of the things in the {}
and is the default so no need to specify, and if you did it would have to be and { title {Doctor Who} or { hour {>= 21} hour {<5} } }
The GUI lets you build up complex conditions but if you know the syntax you can paste it into the text box that comes up when you click the edit icon at the top right of the rule and save a lot of mouse clicks.

Sounds like you need an advanced RS auto rule

Oops! I've already got a few of those in use and one which is disabled as I go into almost each week to run manually.
I've created my rule and it also a test one to test a scenario which I think it will hit in a couple of months time and its worked fine.

You can also edit these as a sweeper-like rule using the edit button at the top right of the rule.

This example is title {Doctor Who} or {hour {>= 21} hour {< 5} } action scheduleevents

I find the edit text version sometimes easier but needed the 'hour' variable name. For some reason when I converted a simple rule with between times to an advanced entry the between times did not transfer so without that example I would have had to ask another question.

I added a few more details to the advanced rule. This was the first time I've used a text longer than 150 characters on the advanced tab and there appears to be a limit of 283. I'm not surprised that there is a limit but I was surprised that it is 283. Using the menu driven option to set up a rule can successful generate a larger rule but when further editting it via the edit button it gets truncated down to 283 characters while editting.

should be
??
As af123 posted af123 was supplying the final version that is used behind the scenes and can be editted via the edit button. In that context the operators come before its operands, plus there is an implict "and {}" wrapped round the expression as a whole which makes the "and" unneccessary.

This was the first time I've used a text longer than 150 characters on the advanced tab and there appears to be a limit of 283. I'm not surprised that there is a limit but I was surprised that it is 283.
Yes, that's odd. I've tweaked the page and hopefully the limit is somewhat increased now.

Back