[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Is there a way to get Auto to select the HD version of a channel if it is available? It seems to always choose the SD version if the matching programme is on a channel with a HD version available.

Is there a way to get Auto to select the HD version of a channel if it is available? It seems to always choose the SD version if the matching programme is on a channel with a HD version available.
Add an an additional condition to the rule eg
Logical Channel Number>= 100

The easiest why to do what you ask, (ie. If HD it is available), is to delete any SD channels that have an HD equivalent.

If you sometimes want those, then in the RS rules you'll need to specifically ignore them in each rule instead.

1691330871825.png

But once I deleted that one, the next day I got triggers for the other one (matching events), so there is something 'clever' going on by the look of it.
My guess is that is that it trying to avoid multiple schedule attempts for the same programme even if they are from separate rules.
Normally you wouldn't want a programme recording on all channels it is carried on SD/HD/+1...

I see Monday, Monday as well (sometimes it just turns out that way).
We're no longer up the Creeque without a paddle, as af123 has fixed it. You need to force refresh the page if it's not working (Ctrl-F5 etc.)

Can anyone tell me please, how long failed recordings are listed on the RS homepage, or alternatively how to clear the notifications.

I just installed a new HDD and copied back some recordings from the old drive. RS seems to have captured 25 or so “ failures” mid-copy, before the rest of the files got copied.

All is correct, so clicking on the bin icon would break the recording sets.

If you look with the WebIF browser, or in a Telnet console session, you'll see failed recordings leave an orphaned .htm .hmt file. Delete the orphaned .htms (or provide them with a matching .ts) and your failed recording reports will disappear too.

Last edited:
There are no orphaned files. There must have been some mid copy, when the RS snapshot was taken, but all sets of files are now present.

All is correct, so clicking on the bin icon would break the recording sets.
No it would only delete the orphaned .hmt file (not htm) left at its original location it will not delete the whole recording set.

It is a pity that RS requires you to select and confirm each file individually rather than having a select all option

You could issue the rs push disk from a telnet command line to refresh the RS disk information

Last edited:
Temporarily renaming the affected folder overnight appears to have resolved the problem. Thanks for the advice and help given.

Back