RS Schedules Wrong Event

MofTot

CFW 3.02/3.03
rs 1.4.1
webif 1.2.6-1

It often happens that RS/WebIf schedules the wrong event for recording.

Example:

Schedule "Professor Green: Hidden and Homeless" Wed 10 Feb 2016 00:40 for recording. Pending Scheduled Events shows the correct program but you'll end up getting the program scheduled for Wed 09 Feb 2016 21:00 instead. In my case despite having 2 other programs scheduled for that slot already.

I think the issue is that these two programs share the CRID (FP.BBC.CO.UK/241DTH) but I suggest that the scheduling takes date+time into account as well.

This happens often. Both with events and series.

I'm not sure there's anything you can do about this. If you try to schedule the event using the native menus, does it accept the later date or does it try to switch back to the first broadcast with the same CRID?

If I schedule the event directly on the box (not WebIf) it works correctly.

When I have tried to program a similar problem in the past, with the remote it keeps reverting to the earlier program, same as you were experiencing with rs. It didn't matter if I tried using RS or the remote, it would persistently set up the earlier program, and I was doing it for the same reason as you.

Well, I've just set that one to record with the remote (a /long/ time since I set one that way!). It's currently using the 00:40 showing but I'll restart shortly and see if it moves.

Found a bug here and I've fixed it for single events.
Still need to look at series and split recordings.

In summary, I've found a bug that was causing one-off events scheduled through the web interface or RS site to revert to the earliest showing. That will be fixed in the next version of the webif package.

However, for a series, the Humax always picks the next showing episode, even when the recording is set via the remote. Try setting a series recording starting with the 2250 episode of The Big Bang Theory tonight (Tue 9th) and it will pick up the 1930 episode too.

Yes, but there is some built-in logic which prevents recording repeats even though you are recording the series, based on the P-CRID as well as the S-CRID. The problem is that one might prefer to record the repeat than the original broadcast, because of scheduling conflicts, but the logic is unable to resolve this.

Some series have different S-CRIDs for the original and the repeat, so it becomes possible to record both (as I do for Clue, in case of accidents), but if you only record one and for some reason the original broadcast is missing an episode, with different S-CRIDs the system is unable to patch it up with the repeat broadcast - so both schemes have pros and cons.

I'm not clear how one can schedule one particular transmission of a repeated series broadcast. If there is more than one instance of the same S-CRID and P-CRID, there would have to be another distinguishing feature - time?

In summary, I've found a bug that was causing one-off events scheduled through the web interface or RS site to revert to the earliest showing. That will be fixed in the next version of the webif package.
Aha, interesting, I've been experiencing this problem for some time, so thanks for working on it.

However, for a series, the Humax always picks the next showing episode, even when the recording is set via the remote. Try setting a series recording starting with the 2250 episode of The Big Bang Theory tonight (Tue 9th) and it will pick up the 1930 episode too.
Do you mean that even the first episode in the series gets shifted to the earliest showing regardless of scheduling, or that the first is recorded as scheduled and then subsequent episodes pick up the earliest showing?

Do you mean that even the first episode in the series gets shifted to the earliest showing regardless of scheduling, or that the first is recorded as scheduled and then subsequent episodes pick up the earliest showing?

If you schedule a series to record by picking an episode in the middle, then it will shift to pick up the earliest episode from that series that's in the EPG.

For example, I just went into the guide using the remote control and set a series of TBBT to record. I picked the episode at 1430 on the 15th but this is what has ended up in the schedule.

Screenshot%202016-02-09%2022.48.44.png

However - I think I may be able to make RS and webif scheduling do better than this... - Edit: Nope : (

Last edited:
If you schedule a series to record by picking an episode in the middle, then it will shift to pick up the earliest episode from that series that's in the EPG.

This is one thing I don't like about the series link implementation on Freeview boxes. It should only pick an alternative showing if the requested timeslot is no longer available or if the requested timeslot would cause a clash. I pick what showing to record carefully to avoid clashes and not overload the tuners, when the STB overrides this it normally just makes things worse.

Thanks for this fix, I just noticed the scheduled events list between webif and rs don't match do I need to manually delete from both and remake or should it sync it with enough time / reboots ? I've done some manual tidying on expired items but interestingly some show as expired events in rs when webif correctly shows another episode scheduled to record this week ?

Web interface version: 1.2.8-5
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Can upload photo later

Back